SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is God real, or Not real

Go down 
+6
0blivion
Hinaoki
bestdragon3
I.Spit.On.Joo
power_of_ghost
Rper_the_awsom
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rper_the_awsom
Asteroid
Asteroid
Rper_the_awsom

Is God real, or Not real Empty
PostSubject: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:35 pm

I'v been wanting to start some intelligent religious arguments, please reply with intelligence and help me decide what to believe
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:39 pm

Nope, if he/she did exist, where would he be at? Also...the theories of evolution really conflict with religion...
Back to top Go down
I.Spit.On.Joo
Asshole
I.Spit.On.Joo

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:25 pm

Noope. If there was a "God" where would we be? We would have seen him. We would have angels flying everywhere. Angels getting splattered by planes. Very Happy.Evolution is the best thing to go with.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:42 pm

Evolution actually coincides with god because before the "days" that god made the sun how could you tell how many days there were? You need the sun to tell days. So theoretically it could have been years, maybe even millions of years, before god made the sun, and when he did, that is when life came to be the way it is. Besides you can't honestly tell me that all of this, this planet that is so fragile, that everything happens to work perfectly 1 season after then next, that life continues even through all of this, is all just a coincidence. The chances of the Earth happening are in the ranges of impossible, so you can't expect me to believe that we were all just "lucky."

And to that Angel comment, your a moron... Angels for one can't die, and they can't be seen because they are dead. Any other fake ideas of "proof" you'd like to bring before me? I'd gladly knock all of your unintellegent ideas down 1 by 1.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Well, for one, you don't know if God does NOT exist. You just don't know yet. It's far easier to prove that something does exist than proving it does not.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:43 pm

The problem is, if God exist, the Bibble is one of the worst way to represent the way he created the world. Plus, how could he create the Universe when time and space didn't exist? Plus, how could he create himself?

People think that something complex like the Universe must require alot of wisdom to be created. However, Before the Universe (matter, light, energy and any forces) existed, There was no such thing as a "brain" able to stock information and to be sentient, matter, energy, light and forces are needed to do that. Wisdom can only born in the condition of our Universe, or another Universe if there are others.

So, I'd say, if God existed, he wouldn't be thinking or even living, God would simply be an incredible not-yet-known reaction that created our mighty Universe...

But who knows, our Universe may have been programmed from intelligent beings of another dimension and Universe. That's my only theory that would explain the existence of God... But yet, God, if he truly exist have been created by something, his Universe and dimension had to be created too... An even greater God? Or you'll just aknowledge that the Universe was created WITHOUT a fucking God?

Good job if you read that, cause I wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:25 pm

Well, there still is phenomena that is unexplained by science. We can only prove what we do know exists. As for what we do not know, we have to prove the contrary. Such as, we do not know if aliens exist as we haven't spoken to, or seen, an extraterrestrial yet. So we can't say they do not exist. The same thing comes to God; he may or may not exist, all we need to know is not to have a closed mind about it.

I still believe, that even if the Universe was created by itself, it would be very amazing to be alone in the great wide and maybe endless universe. There has to be something that has created us, be it simply an accident in science. That accident would be God, methinks.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:20 pm

God is just a name you know... People associate it mostly to a wise man with a big white beard. But as I said before, "God" is probably just the physical creation that created matter, energy light and every forces known... Just like if in the calm of the void, something didn't occured like it was supposed to be... maybe there was something before the Universe...

And, we sure aren't alone in the Universe Kristy... Many nebulas contain organic clouds holding every necessary elements to bring life on a future home... This scenario probably happened billions of times in the Universe, not just on Earth... But you'll understand that not every life forms have the chance to born in good conditions... restrainning their evolution. And so, intelligent beings must be pretty damn rare.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:19 am

You know what, I find this to be a useless debate, and I have a message to all athiests.

You must be very fucking depressed. Think about it, according to your beliefs we live, we die, then that's it. Nothing. No blackness, no afterlife, just. Nothing. You have got to be real depressed knowing that after all this there is only death...

Plus thinking like a buisnessman, what do you have to lose? If you believe in God then you get to go to heaven, otherwise you just die. There is no positive side to being an athiest. If anyone can tell me one good thing about being an athiest, I might reconsider
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:19 am

Shut your hole dragon, you don't know anything about Atheism...
I'm far from being depressed ok? So next time you have prejudices to say, just keep them for yourself. You disgust me.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:08 pm

Wow, that was totally necessary and history-repeating. Bestdragon3, your aggresive comment toward others is one of the reason the world is in total chaos.

Recall the 9/11 event attacks, the angry terrorist who hit the twin towers' background reasons was because Religionous extremists "just had to" convert people who aren't christians. War is the result of lack of understanding between people, religious extremist creates that, how do you feel?

Bestdragon, its also ironic for you too. If you're a real christian, you wouldn't even bother to say that. Christianity teaches you to be kind to your neighbours and be kind to everyone, we're your "neighbours", looks like we have ourselves an untrue christian here...
Back to top Go down
Rotad
Comet
Comet

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:28 pm

I'm almost positive that it wasn't Christian extremists that hit the Twin Towers because they had to convert non-Christians.

Islam isn't a bad religion. It isn't telling, or raising their people to go to war. Osama Bin Laden distorted the views of people, calling a Jihad on America. Does that mean every Muslim out there is out to kill us? No, that's ridiculous.

You can almost compare it to Hitler, he was a very charismatic person, he convinced a whole country to do something that was blatantly wrong. It wasn't because every German was born with hatred in their heart. He promised them a better life after the war.

Almost like what Bin Laden does. What with the promises of virgins and paradise in the afterlife.

The idea that there are fake Christians and real Christians is laughable. Why is it that every Christian needs to act the same? We're all different, unique people. To generalize every Christian into a certain stereotype is very ignorant.

That's the equivalent to saying that all Black people like chicken. That's an ignorant, stereotypical idea, right?

I believe in God, I believe in Evolution, I believe that there's a heaven. I don't give a shit about what my neighbor believes, I'm not trying to convert people. Does that make me a fake Christian? If it does I'm rather comfortable with it.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Nice comment Rotad^^

And just for the record, my comment was not supposed to be aggressive, but I can see how you can read it that way... So I'm sorry^^ But as for you Ghost, for being as "Mature" and "smart" as you are, you'd think you would have thought of all this before hand.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:55 pm

Rotad wrote:
I'm almost positive that it wasn't Christian extremists that hit the Twin Towers because they had to convert non-Christians.

I did not say that, perhaps you read me wrong. I'm saying non-christians were angry from chrisitan extremists(which at the time, non-christians linked the image of america with christian extremist) that attacked the tower.

I'm not saying you're a fake christian, but you have to realize that most chrisitians are not really devoted to their religion. Very few people in the christian community actually "Carry" god in their hearts, most people continue to sin even if they're christians but even though they wish to be redempted, they have no plans to stop completely in the future. Why should they be allowed to do that? That's not fair to the rest of christians who are devoted. Why should they receive the same reward for different efforts?

Because I feel this is injust for those people, I branded christians into two groups. Those devoted truly and those just "along for the ride".
Back to top Go down
Rotad
Comet
Comet

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Dude, it was Islamic extremists that attacked the towers.

But other then that, I'm not debating anything. You believe what you want to believe I believe what I believe.

God will recognize his own. ^^
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:56 pm

See bestdragon3? on my side, when someone talks about God like that, I just wanna throw up, I think every believers are just blind idiots. But I'm keeping it inside so you guys won't bother to argue with me.

Everyone has the right to believe in what he wants, true. But in the end, only one belief can be the truth... Unless you start interpreting alot...

I am an Atheist, and I'm proud of it. I won't believe in anything just because the others do, just like the rest of my family.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Mercury
Mercury
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:24 pm

true that 0blivian..thats the kind of thinking that turned me away from religion bestdragon
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:16 pm

I think religions are going to disappear in the future. People like us are realizing the inability of religions to answer LOGICALLY fundamental questions.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Mercury
Mercury
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:27 pm

they way i think, stuff has ti be proven, nott in rps or anything, just in real life, anyways bestdragon, one posative thing is YOU GET TO LIVE YOUR FUCKING LIFE INSTEAD OF WORSHIPING A FUCKING CLOUd

^not trying to be aggressive or mean ^_^
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:22 pm

As I said, God may or may not exist... you never know. x.x
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:22 pm

0blivion wrote:
I think religions are going to disappear in the future. People like us are realizing the inability of religions to answer LOGICALLY fundamental questions.
Totally agreed.

I was once religious, but it is not exactly logic and reason that broke me off. It was more like injust, you can say I put the law in front of everything. I felt that religion wasn't exact just to all of its participants, religion just didn't made things fair as I thought it was suppose to be so I abandoned it.

I decided just to follow my own path in life...neither religious not not-religious, simply a path of "true justice".
Back to top Go down
Rotad
Comet
Comet

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Ah, this is why this debate never gets anywhere, in the end Science always ends triumphant because it can answer questions.

God isn't a tangible substance, he isn't a man with a white beard floating around on a cloud. He is completely spiritual, cosmic. He merely is. Can I prove that? Of course I can't, I'm not God after all.

Since 500 years ago the human race has grown up, we no longer believe that the Earth is flat, or that we're the center of the universe anymore. We realized that we are just a ant hole on a mountain, compared to the rest of the universe. Science has discovered things completely flabbergasting, yet completely contradictary to the Bible.

Think about the people who wrote the Bible, so many years ago, do you think if God, or the grand architect, or whoever is responsible for the creation of the universe, were to provide all of the answers to them, that they wouldn't go insane?

Think of everything you've learned in grade school. Concerning science; would a normal citizen, back in 50 C.E. would believe that the reason grass is green is because of a pigment made inside Chloroplast, called Chlorophyll?

Probably not.

Yet could you prove that statement, which we now know is true, with the technology provided back then?

No. That's not even an argument.

Then why is it that you expect the Bible to be some supreme textbook of marvelous scientific discoveries and formulas?

Humans are born with a natural curiosity to discover things. I imagine that this 'God', is doing us a favor, by not answering all of these questions from the start. Rather, he let us explore our world around us by ourselves.

Rather God, or Allah, or Yahweh, whatever you call him, has left us with a guide to live by. He's given us morality, ideals, values. Whether you take those to heart are obviously your choice.

Oh, I'm sorry, this is all a theory, do you want proof? I believe it's on textbook pg. 546...
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:52 pm

What's ironic is that Science's answers to question have loopholes and errors to them.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:23 pm

Eh, I'll believe what I believe and I don't expect you guys to^^ Case closed, please lock this>< It's creating too many negitive feelings that shouldn't be there...
Back to top Go down
Rotad
Comet
Comet

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:33 pm

This debate is useless anyway.

I predict neither side will win until God appears on Earth holding a picket sign that says, "I don't exist."

Congrats if you got the joke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is God real, or Not real   Is God real, or Not real I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is God real, or Not real
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next