SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Contract (Non-Book Related)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

The Contract (Non-Book Related) Empty
PostSubject: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:52 pm

Something I'm offering the Multi-chapter fellas.

I can give you a sub-board in The Library for your own books, so you can make a new thread every time you write a new chapter. Also to be less confusing about which comment goes where, and to not mix up everything in a bunch, it's not very nice to look for a chapter through a myriad of comments.

Post under this topic if you are interested in having a sub-board for yourself. The requirements are none other than planning to continue the novel; unless writing is complete or you want it to stay, the sub-board will be deleted within a month of inactivity to reduce spam. (Notice: Any comment made in relation to one of the chapters, or the novel itself, will reset the countdown at zero.)

If you want your board to be password protected, PM me and I will do what you want me to do. I will also give you moderation over your own board.

Last edited by KyKai on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Okay, this is alright. However, make it password protected and create 2 subboards., I want to give a speech why.

People in this world is known to parasite on others, whenever a person has an idea. Another person will steal the idea and make it as their own. I do not want members of this clan to have a story they have written, and then another person just decide to copy and paste it as their own. Then the person can publish the work and profit of others.

There are various examples on people taking ideas from others, think of some books being based on others. To ensure the safety of our members, we need to protect from each other. If you ever notice in schools they have anti-plagurism rules in which you are seriously punished for it, that is to teach you, you can not steal ideas of others. This anti-plagurism law should be taken very seriously in our forum and in the world, HOW would you like it if people stole your idea?

There should be two sub-boards, one public and one private.

We should have two forms as well, one form that is optional and one is mandatory.

The first form is a "release" form, this form is offered to people who want to write a book and does not care if his/her idea have been stolen or not. By signing this form, they reliquish the ability to copyright-protect their book chapter and means other people can use it as their own work. This is optional form and people may put their book ideas into the public sub-board. All public book chapters should be posted here.

The second form is a "Promise-of-no-copying" form, signing this form means you may not use any of the work in the private sub-board. To ensure it is a legal binding contract, I will post the form and people must print the form in real life. After that, they must sign both their pseudoyname on this forum and their real name. That person must then scan the signed paper, in additional to a proof of identity and a webcam shot/picture of themself and we will document it on this forum. In any situation we find any proof that a person who do copy book ideas in the private sub-board as their own, we will IMMEDIATELY FILE LEGAL ACTION AND THEY WILL BE IP BANNED FROM THIS BOARD.

After signing the second form, we will give a password to the person who showed us their proof of identity. Any person caught telling the password to other people will be immediately ip banned, and in additional the person who illegally acquire the password will be ip banned as well.

All private book chapters should be posted in the libraray whenever an admin/moderator is on and we'll immediately move to the private sub-board. We will moderate your post so your chapter can be added to the next.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:34 pm

Well, I think privacy shouldn't go that far.

Books are published to be read, not to be kept to yourself in a dark corner and to let nobody read them. If you want them to be safe from others to read, you can just keep them in a little Word document lost on your computer's database. I actually find it cute that people would 'steal' ideas. Besides, what's so original nowadays? 90% of all books have almost the same plot and characterization and backstory, only with a few names charged.

If people aim to copy from a novel, they would need to rewrite it. For those who want that option, it's okay, but it's just a pain in the ass to 'sign' a contract and even officially published documents don't go that far. Do you need to sign a form at the bookstore everytime you want to buy a book? Nope.

I'll edit my offer a bit. ;P
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:37 pm

Whenever you buy a book, if you do try to copy it as your own work, you would be sued.

Also, create a board for me I guess. Dub it

Power_of_ghost's "The Tome"
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:42 pm

Genres? General summary that can be posted in the description?
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Genre: Fantasy, Science fiction, horror, Dystopian, sword and sorcery.

Description: In the center point between the beginning and end of time. An massive and powerful object is leaked to three individuals in which they devastate it by accident. Now the balance of time and space is unfolding and shattering itself. Will Varon, Jetas and Porgost save time and universe before a mysterious enemy consume it all?

In the process of writing by Power_Of_Ghost.

Last edited by power_of_ghost on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:52 pm

Okay, lol. Lemmie edit that.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:00 pm

You didn't edit the genre.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:05 pm

I didn't notice the change in Genres, but now I changed that. xD

What can I say? It's hard to work with HTML. >_<
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:00 pm

The admin board is based on HTML?
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:53 pm

Most of it is.
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Comet
Comet
Nevermore

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:37 pm

I wouldn't mind my own section, if that's alright...

As for the name, simply make it Claire. That's all I've thought of thus far...

Genres would be Medieval, Fantasy and I suppose Sorcery.

Description

Gerard, now Arch-Mage of the pretigous Mage's Society, addresses yet another group of students to study the arcane arts and do great things with them. This year is different, though, as one of the young students comes to Gerard in his chamber with curiousity aplenty. Gerard is forced to recall his past as a student of the Society and the people he met along the way and the places he went; along with the events that happened, both painful and joyful.

I'll see about PMing you, because I certainly don't want this story stolen...
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Nevermore wrote:
I wouldn't mind my own section, if that's alright...

As for the name, simply make it Claire. That's all I've thought of thus far...

Genres would be Medieval, Fantasy and I suppose Sorcery.

Description

Gerard, now Arch-Mage of the pretigous Mage's Society, addresses yet another group of students to study the arcane arts and do great things with them. This year is different, though, as one of the young students comes to Gerard in his chamber with curiousity aplenty. Gerard is forced to recall his past as a student of the Society and the people he met along the way and the places he went; along with the events that happened, both painful and joyful.

I'll see about PMing you, because I certainly don't want this story stolen...

100% won't be stolen by moderator/admins.
Back to top Go down
Rotad
Comet
Comet

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:39 am

I'd like to share with the site some of my own writings. As I've mentioned in my 'Introductions' thread I do Rot3k Rping (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) A story most commonly known by the "Dynasty Warriors" games. I'd like to point to out though, this story that I'm in the process of writing is completely fictional. And has only minor ties to the actual history behind the Three Kingdoms. Out of the main characters, only Lu Bu is non-fictional. Ba Zeng, and Lu Ling Qi are fictional. However it is debatable that Lu Bu did indeed have a daughter. The name; "Lu Ling Qi" is fictional.

So, I'd like my own sub-board for this:

Name: Titans and Monoliths
Genre: Historical Fiction
Description:

Titans and Monoliths is in the process of being written. It is a story about the once mighty generals of kingdoms that have been subdued by the ruling kingdom; Wei. Titans and Monoliths follows Lu Bu, Lu Ling Qi, and Ba Zeng as they try to stand up - against all odds - and give the people of China the will to fight back. The story begins several months after the prison break at Jiang Ling. Where the several characters of the story recollect the events of the night that they tore free from their shackles from their own point of view.

Last edited by Rotad on Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Can you shorten the Description?
Back to top Go down
Rotad
Comet
Comet

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:19 pm

Ok?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Contract (Non-Book Related)   The Contract (Non-Book Related) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Contract (Non-Book Related)
Page 1 of 1