SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Claire [My Book]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nevermore
Comet
Comet
Nevermore

Claire [My Book] Empty
PostSubject: Claire [My Book]   Claire [My Book] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:53 pm

A note to all of you snoody, assumption-making readers.

Everything in this story I have thought of myself. Names and places I have all named myself; and I am in no way attempting to rip off of anything. The reason why I'm putting this is because I know I'm going to get a comment or two from someone or another about how something sounds similar; and quite frankly I don't give a damn. As I said before, I am in no way, shape or form attempting to copy and/or steal from another game, movie, book, whatever. This is all original.

So if you have a comment like that to make, I'm telling you to not post at all because you're just wasting your time. I'm not going to read it.

On a side not, I shall make an individual thread for making comments.

With all of this stated, I hope you enjoy my story.
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Comet
Comet
Nevermore

Claire [My Book] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claire [My Book]   Claire [My Book] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Prologue

I sat quietly in my study, lording over a book filled to the brim with ancient text. I went over lines several times each, mumbling a couple words to myself. I jumped slightly as a knock came to my door.
"Yes, yes, come in," I said, not bothering to look back to see who it was. I heard the door creak open silently behind me, followed by the dull thumping sound of leather boots.
"Arch-Mage," came a voice. Immediately I knew it was Raymond. "The new class is here. It's time for your speech," he said, giving a slight bow. I sat up slowly, giving a loud yawn.
"Please, Raymond," I said, "don't call me "Arch-Mage." We've known each other for years. Just dispense of the formalities already," I complained. While I was grateful about the fact I was Arch-Mage of the Mage's Society, I disliked it when people addressed me as such. Formalities never were something I had ever cared much for. "I'll be along shortly," I mumbled afterwards, closing the old volume laid before me.
"Yes, Arch- ... I mean Gerard," said Raymond quietly as he bowed again and slowly backed out of the room, shutting the door behind him.
"He's never going to learn, is he?" I asked myself, chuckling quietly. It seemed that no matter how many times I told people not to, they still called me "Arch-Mage." "I suppose I'll just have to get used to it," I grumbled as I walked over to the door and placed my left hand upon it. I looked over my shoulder to the chandelier hanging from the roof. I rose my right hand and give a quick snap. Almost instantly, all the candles blew out, engulfing the room in its familiar, eerie darkness. I sighed and walked out of the room, closing the door behind me.
I proceeded down the candlelit hall to a circular platform just big enough for one person to stand in. I stepped upon it and closed my eyes in concentration. A blue light enveloped me and, almost in an instant, I was in a completely different room. I opened my eyes, my irritation peaking as several mages bowed deeply, all uttering, "Greetings, Arch-Mage," in unison. I took in a deep breath and massaged my temples, small visions of bright lights dancing in the darkness. I opened my eyes with a long sigh and waved them off. I proceeded forward once again, my robes flailing behind me as I went. Within a couple minutes I could hear the throng of voices all calling out at once. The voices of hundreds of students all clamoring in the Great Hall. A small smile lined my face as memories that seemed eons ago entered my mind once again. Memories ranging from first joining the Guild of Mages to the day I was inducted as Arch-Mage. They all seemed so long ago. But now wasn't the moment for that. I cleared my mind as I approached a great, crimson curtain ordoned with ropes as thick as a man’s arms with tassels as large as hands at the end of them. The curtains opened and I stepped out onto the stage. Almost instantly a great, awkward silence befell the room. A strong sense of tension followed afterwards as I approached a podium in the middle of the stage. The only sound that echoed though the hollow halls were the dull tapping of my deerskin shoes against the worn oak wood floors. I reached the podium and faced the great room cramped with students. Another small smile attached itself to my face. Why, I did not know.
"Students," I said. It wasn't necessary to speak loudly since my voice carried so easily though the giant room. "I am Arch-Mage Gerald. I welcome you all to the Mage's Society University. As you all know, you have acquired the needed recommendations from guild halls spread all throughout the region. Henceforth I now name you all Apprentices!" I said, maintaining my smile.
A light clamor started to rear up but was quickly quelled by Raymond's gavel. I closed my eyes, sighing once again. The thought process that had plagued the Society for years was easily still in effect. "When the Arch-Mage is talking, don't talk or we'll discharge you!" Or at least that is what my friends and I had always jested about it. I opened my eyes again to face the students.
"You shall receiver your robes after my speech," I said. "Now, seeing as how you all have been from one guild hall to the next all over the region, I've no doubt that you've seen some of the wrongdoings that can, indeed, happen amongst the people of the Society. We're all just humans, after all, and to err is no stranger," I went on. "But we of the Society wish to make an attempt to change that. But the power we wield and the influence we can make is very limited. Fate has other plans for what is to be. We can only attempt to slightly alter the course, though it takes a great many factors to do so. Now some of you may not realize this dream, but I'm positive there are some of you that are. Some of you who have seen gruesome things in your life. Corruption, evil... perhaps you've even had someone die in your arms," I continued, muttering at the end. I paused for a moment and looked down at my hands, an irking feeling enveloping me. I shook my head a couple times and looked back up at the students; some of whom had a confused look on their face. "I shall inform you all now so I may end this speech sooner and you all can get familiar with the building... if you're stuck on something or have a problem... my chamber is open to you. I am no stranger to pain and suffering. I will try my best to help console you... or, perhaps, if you just can't get that potion right... you know," I said. Afterwards I made a quiet exploding sound, shaking my hands around a bit. Quiet laughter escaped the lips of some of the students. "I'm familiar with that as well. And I'd be more than happy to try and help you with educational difficulties as well. Now! You all are dismissed, and have a wonderful year!" I said, raising up my hands.
A loud cheer exploded from all the students as over half of them sprang from their seats, bolting out of the several doors in the room. I smiled at their joy and turned around, slowly walking off-stage.
"Another wonderful speech, Gerard," said Raymond as he followed behind me.
"If you say so, but I bid you to not rap your gavel when students want to talk about becoming Apprentices," I said as I continued walking. Raymond said nothing in rebuttal. "Now I'd go make sure everyone gets a robe and knows where their dorm is... and if one of the students wished to see me, do not send them away again."
"Yes, Gerard..." muttered Raymond as he turned heel and walked the opposite direction. I continued down the hall, back to the teleport pad. I stood on it once again, closed my eyes, concentrated, and was sent back to my room. I opened my eyes and stepped off the teleport pad, kicking off my deerskin shoes. I approached my bed and sat down on it, looking at my hands once again, thinking about what I had mentioned to the students earlier.
Perhaps you've even had someone die in your arms...
Haunting memories drove themselves into my head like a maul to a wooden stake; sharp and unwelcome. I closed my eyes once again and massaged my temples, watching the familiar, multi-colored lights dance before me like arcs of tracer fire. I was broken from this display by a knock at the door.
"Come in," I said as I leaned up and looked towards the door, expecting Raymond. But, to my surprise, it wasn't him. It was a tall, thin boy with dirt-brown hair and deep blue eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry, boy! Please, please come in! I was expecting my Second-in-Charge."
"I'm sorry to disturb you, Arch-Mage. I just wanted to talk about what you said earlier," he said.
"You may just call me Gerard if you like, formalities aren't my thing," I said. "And what would you like to discuss?" I asked as I sat him down in a chair and approached a small table, pouring us both a cup of tea. I wanted to make him feel at home.
"Oh... I apologize... my name is Alexander," said the boy. I walked over and handed him a cup of tea. He muttered a thank you and took a drink, then set it down on its saucer on the table. "About... experiencing pain and sorrow throughout your life."
I immediately came to attention and sat down in my large, oversized, cushioned chair.
"What is it about, Alexander? You can talk to me."
"Well it wasn't one of my problems, per se," he said. "I was... just curious... about what you were referring to earlier."
I paused for another moment and eyed the lad named Alexander before me.
"I-If it's too personal, you don't need to tell me. I suppose it was just nostalgia..."
"No, no. It's quite alright, Alexander," I said as I set down my tea. "You're not the first one to inquire about the aforementioned experience. Nor will you be the first to hear it, so no need to worry," I assured him. I took in a deep breath and sighed as I leaned back in my chair.
"Well... my career in the Mage's Society started out just as yours had. I was an Apprentice as well and went back to the guild hall in which I called "home." The one located in Bravynhail," I said. "Me and one of my friends always loved to play jokes on the head of the guild," I said, chuckling. "We were both Journeymen. I will never forget... 'twas on a Mordas evening. She walked in, looking for a recommendation..."
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Comet
Comet
Nevermore

Claire [My Book] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claire [My Book]   Claire [My Book] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Chapter 1

"Hey, Vlad, I thought of a prank we could pull on old Trista," I said to a High Elf in the seat across from me.
"Oh! You always come up with the good ones," he said, excitement eating him alive.
"Well," I said, somewhat disappointed, "we need more than just us... three people at least," I muttered.
"Oh," said Vlad with the same tone of disappointment. "Well... that's no good. No one else in this guild will help us..."
"Indeed. But there's other mages that come in and out of this guild all the time looking for recommendations. We'll find someone... we just need Trista to give them a reasonable task, we get them to play along with the prank and we'll make sure they get that recommendation."
"Well, that sounds like a plan," said Vlad as he put his hands on his knees and stood up. "We'll just have to hang out in the main lobby until said person comes."
"Quite," I said, standing up as well. "Hopefully we won't have to wait too long," I continued as I started towards the door and opened it, stepping out. Almost at the same time, the main lobby door opened as a woman stepped in. I shut the door behind me and stared at the woman that had just entered, enthralled by her radiance. She appeared to be about 5'3" with a wonderful auburn-colored hair and heterochromatic eyes; one being blue and the other being brown. She shut the door behind her and glanced around the room, then caught sight of me. I quickly fixed my face as she approached me.
"Excuse me," she said when I was within earshot. Her voice resounded through my ears like a chorus of angels. "Who gives recommendations here?"
"Uh... Trista," I muttered as I continued to gawk at her, which made the situation feel slightly awkward. "Would you... like me to take you to her?" I queried.
"That'd be wonderful!" she exclaimed gleefully, clapping her hands together. "Would you, really?"
"O-of course," I said, giving a slight bow. "Please, follow me," I said. I turned around and beckoned for her to follow me. I started towards the staircase and turned to the right, proceeding up it. After the first flight of stairs we proceeded across the balcony that followed. I approached a large, oaken door and rapped my middle finger upon it in three firm knocks.
"Yes, who is it?" came a voice. It was the one in charge of the guild, Trista.
"Trista? It's me, Gerard," I said. "I have someone here who's looking for a recommendation."
"Oh! Then please, come in."
I opened the door and held it open. The woman thanked me and walked in, I followed behind her.
"Welcome, child, welcome," said Trista. She was an older woman, in her mid 40's. "So, you have come for a recommendation?" she asked.
"Yes," said the woman. "My name is Claire," she said, bowing to Trista. "This is my first recommendation."
"Oh, I see," said Trista as she got up from her seat. "Well... I haven't given much thought as to a recommendation," she said, slightly confused. She stood for a moment, pondering. "All I can think of," she said after a short pause, "is if perhaps you'd be able to come up with a new spell, maybe," she continued. "That way you can prove to me that you are intellectual. The Society always needs creative thinkers!" she said.
"A spell, huh?" muttered Claire. She didn't seem to be overly fond of the task she had been given.
But, at the same moment, something clicked in my brain.
"Well, I'll see what I can do!" said Claire, almost completely cheery once again. I opened the door for her and let her exit, and followed after her.
"Excuse me," I said as I turned around after I had shut the door to Trista's study. Claire seemed to have picked up her pace.
"Yes?" she asked, looking back.
"I think I can help you with that spell," I said, grinning.
"Really?" she asked in an excited tone once again. "If you could do that, I'd be so grateful!"
"Come with me," I said as I gently took her wrist, without thinking, and lead her down the stairs and back into the room where Vlad was, still.
"I've found our third person!" I told him as I shut the door behind me and Claire.
"Oh?" said Vlad, excitedly as he stood up. "My name is Vlad," he said, bowing to Claire. Claire repeated the bow, issuing her own name.
"Trista wants her to think of a... 'spell,'" I said, grinning at Vlad.
"Your face tells me that it's not a spell," said Vlad, smirking.
"Wait... what's going on here?" asked Claire, befuddled.
"Sit down," I said to Claire as I guided her over to a chair. She promptly took her seat as I went over to fetch the tray of cups and tea from off the top of the dresser in the corner of the room.
"True, it's not exactly a spell," I said as I took my seat. "But Trista won't be able to tell the difference," I continued.
"How's that?" asked Claire, obviously still confused. I handed her a cup of tea and she nodded in thanks, taking a small sip of it.
"Well, it's more along the lines of a prank," I said. Claire just glanced at me and Vlad a couple of moments. Shortly after I saw a small smile creep up on her lips.
"A prank, huh?" she said. "Please, do go on," she said as she took another drink of her tea. Vlad did a small, victorious arm pump. I grinned as I rubbed my hands together.
"Alright... here's how it goes..."

The next day Vlad, Claire and I all walked up the stairs to Trista's study. I knocked on the door once again, the familiar voice behind saying, "Who is it?"
"It's us again, Trista. Claire has her spell ready and we'd all like to show it to you," I said, trying to suppress some laughter.
"Wonderful! Come on in," she said. I opened the door and let Claire and Vlad enter. I followed behind, shutting the door.
"She worked on it all night, and she wanted us to come up and show you how well it worked," I said.
"Alright. Well then, show me!" said Trista.
An awkward moment went by in silence. Trista stood there, eyeing the three of us. We stood, looking back, somehow managing to keep straight faces throughout the whole dilemma.
"Well?" asked Trista after a couple minutes had gone by. "Aren't you going to show me your spell?"
"I did," said Claire. "You don't remember it because... that's exactly what the spell does."
"Nothing?"
"No," I interjected, "it makes you forget things. Or a certain person. It's kind of cool, actually."
"In fact," started Claire, again, "I just told you my real name. Twice. But you probably don't remember."
"What an... interesting spell," said Trista. "That's the last thing I need, honestly... is to forget more things," she complained. "But, you came up with a spell. That shows that you certainly have the proper intellect to be in the Arcane University. Very well, then, I shall write your recommendation and send it out tomorrow," said Trista as she got up from her desk and walked out the door, obviously agitated. When the door shut behind her, all three of us burst out laughing.
"That had to be the easiest recommendation ever!" exclaimed Vlad, doubled over in laughter.
Claire got down to her knees and covered her face, in tears from laughing so hard. I put a gentle hand on her shoulder and doubled over myself, starting to run short on breath,
"We need to do stuff like that more often," I choked out between laughs. After a couple minutes the three of us managed to control ourselves. We congratulated each other on the well-pulled prank and walked out of her study. We continued down the stairs and back to the room that we had planned our prank in.
"Congratulations on your recommendation," I said to Claire, extending my hand for a handshake.
"Thank you guys so much!" she said gleefully. Instead of shaking my hand she put her arms out and embraced me in a warm hug. I was taken back for a moment, but quickly regained my senses and hugged her back. "I'll make sure to come back and visit you guys! I promise," she said, smiling at me and Vlad.
"Yes, please do!" I said. She walked over to the door and opened it. As she stepped out she bid us farewell. As she shut the door behind her I felt my heart sink deep into my chest for some reason. What if she didn't come back? I don't know why these things bothered me. I barely knew her. Why should it matter if she came back again? She was just someone that I pulled another prank with. Nothing more.
"I sense... I sense," muttered Vlad, putting his index fingers to his temples. "Affinity?" he asked, approaching me from behind, placing his hands on my shoulders.
"No," I muttered.
"Ah, you liar," said Vlad as he slightly smacked me upside the back of the head. "You like her and you know it."
I offered no rebuttal, but merely brushed by him out the door and down a flight of stairs to the dormitories. I walked down the hall and to my room, unlocking the door as I got there. I walked in and shut it, locking it tightly once again. I leaned, my back against the door. I set out an exasperated sigh as I kicked off my pair of deerskin shoes in the corner and wandered over to my bed. I sat down on my bed and looked down at my hands.
She'll come back... I hope...

It came without warning. A wretched flashback to my childhood, one of the many things I kept bottled up inside me. One of the things that no one knew about me, not even Vlad.
I was just a boy, eight years of age. I sat, huddled in a corner, whimpering like an injured puppy. I cringed away from the large, cloaked and hooded figure that stood before me, his face enthralled in darkness. My mother and father's limp bodies lay behind him; one on top of the other.
He had killed them.
He extended his arm towards me. I cried out in fear as I rose my hands in pitiful defense.
"Leave the boy," boomed a deep, emotionless voice from behind the man. The man stayed his hand and looked behind him where another cloaked and hooded man stood. "It's not necessary to waste time with him... besides, we've been spotted. The guards are on their way... we must flee," he said. The man in front of my clenched his hand in a fist.
"You got lucky, boy," he bellowed. He turned around, his midnight robes flailing at his ankles. The other figure turned around as well and exited through the door. The man who had killed my parents followed behind them, and quickly their footsteps vanished. They were gone.
I looked up from behind my arms, examining the room closely. I got to my feet in a hurry and rushed over to my parents, extending my weak arms towards them.
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Comet
Comet
Nevermore

Claire [My Book] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claire [My Book]   Claire [My Book] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:59 pm

Chapter 2

I was quickly wakened from my nightmare by a swift knock at the door. Somehow I had managed to nod off in the middle of the night without my knowing it. The knocks came once again, pounding against my eardrums.
"Give me a minute!" I exclaimed as I sat up from my bed. I grumbled as I brought up a weak arm and traced it through my hair, yawning loudly. I stretched and looked around my room, trying to remember why I had came in here last night to begin with.
"Come on, Gerard. Just open the bloody door," came a voice. Immediately I knew it was Vlad.
"Just wait you impatient cur," I jested. I stood up and walked over to the door and unlocked it. I opened it to see Vlad standing in front of me, as I had suspected. "Aren't you supposed to be handing out letters to others?" I asked him, slightly confused. Vlad was in charge of the retrieval and distribution of mail amongst the guild hall mages.
"Yes, and there's one for you," he said, handing me a sealed envelope. I took the envelope and examined it. The front of it was rather blank, except for my name scrawled across the front in fancy cursive.
"Who's it from?" I asked.
"No clue," said Vlad. "I don't open and read other people's mail. I just deliver it," he said as he walked off down the hall to hand out the rest of the letters to the other mages. I shut my door and walked over to my desk. I sat down in the worn ebony chair set in front of it and grabbed my letter opener. I cut the fold of the envelope in one fell swipe and put the letter opener back in its stand. I opened the envelope and read the message inside to myself.

Dear Gerard,

I hope you're doing well. I know it's only been one night but I just want to keep in touch. I don't know when we'll be able to see each other again... I'm at the Clouded Judgment Inn which, ironically, is just down the road from the north gate of the city... I was going to come back, but a guard had came in and reported a lot of bandit activity on the road, and I was scared to try and go by myself. I may be a mage but I hate fighting... I just can't stand it. And I know the bandits wouldn't have left me alone. They would've tried to kill me. They're all the same... I hope this letter reaches you by Todas. The guard said it may be a while before the local Courier Horse comes by to pick up mail. Oh well... at least it will get to you! I just wanted to write to you anyway because you and Vlad were so nice to me. I would hate to lose touch with you. I'll be here until Wodnas. Bandits don't sound too friendly as I said before... so I'm going to play it safe. No need to write back; I don't think the Courier will deliver a letter to an Inn unless they're sure the receiver will be there for a week or so. I'm only going to be here until tomorrow. I'll write you again when I get to the next city! I promise!

Always,
Claire

I smiled as I closed the letter and set it down on my desk. She hadn't even been gone for a day and she was already writing to keep in touch with me.
Maybe I could catch up, I thought. I know where the Clouded Judgment Inn is... it's about a six hour walk on foot from the north gate...
I stood up from my desk, deciding to go. I walked over to the corner of my room and grabbed a shoulder bag. I opened the dresser next to it and began to haphazardly shove my clothes and belongings into it. After I had finished throwing all my items into the bag I shut it quickly and slung it across my back. I grabbed a steel dagger off a shelf and strapped it around my waist, walking to my door. I opened it and saw Vlad standing across the hall, leaning against the wall.
"Don't say anything," he said, raising his index finger. "The letter was from Claire, right? And you want to go with her?" he asked.
He knew me all too well.
I nodded slowly as he walked towards me and put his hands on my shoulders.
"Don't forget me! And make sure to come by often. You know things aren't fun around here unless we have some clever scam to confuse Trista!" he said, laughing as he patted one of my shoulders. I looked up at him and smiled.
"Of course! And thank you..." I said, shaking his hand.
"Don't fret about it. Now go! It's already almost noon," he said, shaking my hand back. I took off down the hallway, and then stopped abruptly.
"Hey, Vlad," I said, turning around. He looked over at me. "If Trista wonders where I went, tell her a spell backfired," I said, laughing.
"Good one!" he said back, laughing with me. "Will do!" I took off up the stairs, making sure no one was around to see me escape. Seeing that no one was around, I took off out into the lobby and out the main door. As soon as I stepped out a freezing wind slapped me in the face. That was the only downside to staying at a guild hall in a city where it snowed almost every day year-round. I shook off the feeling as I donned my cloak and hood, proceeding down the walkway to the northern gate.

Hours passed as I walked down the lonely dirt road, trees on either side of me. I sighed heavily as I continued walking, thinking about Vlad and the guild. I was quite surprised about how Vlad hadn't tried to stop me. Maybe he truly did realize how I felt about Claire.
I was broken from this chain of thoughts as I heard a snap in the bushes to the right of me. I stopped in my tracks and held my breath, listening intently to everything going on around me. I took in a deep breath as I recalled Claire's letter. She had mentioned bandits on the road. I exhaled as I closed my eyes and stretched my left hand out, casting a spell upon myself. It was a spell to detect life within a certain area of the caster. I slowly opened my eyes and looked to either side of me. Within the bushes I saw a faint glow of magic radiance. Every person and creature in the world had at least some form of, perhaps, untapped magic within them. The life detection spell picked up said hibernating magic and displayed it to the person who cast the spell. Hence the ability to "detect" life. A smirk spread across my face as I watched one of the figures magical glow reach for something near his waist. I assumed it was a dagger or sword of some sort. I stretched my left hand a couple more times, casting another spell or two upon myself.
All at once the four figures dashed out of the bushes, attempting to assault me. I took a quick step back as they all ran towards the spot I was standing at earlier, crashing into each other. I couldn't help but laugh as I watched the bandits trip and stumble over one another in such disorganization.
"Oi! Shu'up!" said one of the bandits. He was obviously a barbarian of some sort. He was dressed in crude leather armor that actually looked like it offered very little protection. He had a thick beard and dirty, grimy, matted hair, all these facts coming together to help support my theory of these bandits being mere barbarians.
"Ah! Don' worry 'bout it. Just kill 'im!" said another as he got to his feet and charged at me with a war hammer the size of a small child, dressed in the same, crude leather armor as the other. I smirked as I rose up my arm and opened my palm towards the charging bandit. A jolt of static electricity jumped from my palm to my forefinger. Upon seeing this the bandit stopped his charge and stood there in confusing, staring at me.
"Uhn... wot wos that?" he asked, pointing at my hand. I laughed again as the electricity sped up, jumping all over my hand.
"He's one of them wizurds or wotever! Run!" he exclaimed as he turned around to flee. I bent my arm back and thrust it forward once again, the lightning flying off my hand. It struck his steel war hammer, coursing through it and into his body. I watched the bandit stop as his body jolted and shook from the lightning. It wasn't enough to kill him, I made sure of that. But it was just enough to give him a bit of pain as a warning. After a moment or two the shock was over and the bandit fell to the ground. Upon seeing their comrade fall, the other bandits cried in fear and took off back into the bushes that they had come from earlier. I approached the bandit that was lying on the ground and stood above him.
"Don' kill me!" he cried pitifully, cringing up. I picked up his war hammer and held it above his head. He moaned and buried his face in the dirt.
"Look at me!" I exclaimed, pretending to be angry. Immediately the bandit looked up at me. The handle of the war hammer burst into flames as I hung it from its head. The flames worked their way up the handle, incinerating it. Chunks of the handle fell off and landed next to the bandits head.
"Get out of here," I said coldly as I tossed the steel head of the war hammer to the side. The bandit nodded quickly and scrambled to his feet, taking off after his allies through the bushes. "And tell your other bandit friends not to mess with me!" I yelled at him. I stood there for a moment and checked my surroundings. I chuckled to myself as I continued down the road in the direction of the Clouded Judgment Inn.
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Comet
Comet
Nevermore

Claire [My Book] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claire [My Book]   Claire [My Book] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:01 pm

Chapter 3

The Clouded Judgment Inn came into view as I topped the next hill. I smiled to myself as I drew my hood closer about my face, continuing to walk in the direction of the Inn. I had decided that I was going to surprise Claire. I knew she wasn't expecting me.
I opened the door to the Inn and stepped inside. I shut the door behind me and scanned the room. It didn't take me long to spot her. Her auburn hair immediately caught my eye, as did her delicate figure. I walked over to the table she was sitting at.
"Is this seat taken?" I asked her, deepening my voice in hopes she wouldn't recognize me.
"Huh?" she said blankly, looking up at me. "Oh... no, not that I'm aware of. I haven't really been paying much attention to anything going on around me," she said.
"Is that so?" I said, maintaining my masked voice and suspicious persona. "Why's that?" I continued, pulling out the chair the next to her, taking a seat.
"Just... thinking about a lot of things," she muttered quietly. "Well... not really a lot of things. My mind is occupied on one main thing..." I watched her slowly spin a spoon around in her cup.
"May I ask what, per se?" I asked. "I know this is probably awkward coming from someone you don't know... but it's always good to talk about things stressing you out. Helps relieve some of the tension." She looked over at me for a moment, appearing to be somewhat hesitant. Finally she took in a deep breath and sighed.
"I suppose you're right," she said. "Well... I'm part of the Mage's Society."
"Quite the prestige."
"Yeah... I was just in Bravynhail. I got my first reccomendation for the University."
"Well that's wonderful. But why do you seem so distressed?"
"It was... someone that was at the guild hall."
"A friend?"
"Yeah. I just left yesterday and... I already miss him," she said. I couldn't help but let a smile cross my face. Luckily she couldn't see me.
"Is that so?" I asked, maintaining my mysterious aura.
"Yeah," she muttered. "I wrote to him... but I'm afraid it won't reach him until tomorrow."
"I wouldn't worry. The Courier got through the bandits just fine. I just came in from Bravynhail myself. I got a letter... it was quite touching. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to meet the sender here or not, though," I said as I removed my hood.
"Gerard?" she exclaimed, standing up quickly. "You...! I thought... what are you doing...? How embarrassing!" she said, hitting me lightly. "Why didn't you tell me?"
"I wanted to surprise you," I said, standing up as well. "I thought I'd come by and... maybe travel with you. If you were alright with it."
"Well I definitely am surprised! Though it's kind of embarrassing," she said, giggling as she gave me a quick hug. "But I'm glad you came. Of course you can come with me! That'd be great!" she exclaimed. By this point, most of the people in the Inn were staring at us.
"Let's go outside," I said as I drew up my cloak. "Sorry, everyone." Claire realized what I meant and apologized as well. A low murmur aroused from the crowd as they all went back to their normal business. Claire and I stepped outside into the chilly evening.

Too be continued, maybe.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

Claire [My Book] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claire [My Book]   Claire [My Book] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:39 pm

Topic moved to "the library."
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

Claire [My Book] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claire [My Book]   Claire [My Book] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:06 am

Nevermore wrote:
A note to all of you snoody, assumption-making readers.

Everything in this story I have thought of myself. Names and places I have all named myself; and I am in no way attempting to rip off of anything. The reason why I'm putting this is because I know I'm going to get a comment or two from someone or another about how something sounds similar; and quite frankly I don't give a damn. As I said before, I am in no way, shape or form attempting to copy and/or steal from another game, movie, book, whatever. This is all original.

So if you have a comment like that to make, I'm telling you to not post at all because you're just wasting your time. I'm not going to read it.

On a side not, I shall make an individual thread for making comments.

With all of this stated, I hope you enjoy my story.

Please include that this is your original work, and you plan to hunt down any people who steals your ideas. Lots of idea stealers out there.

Good story by the way.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

Claire [My Book] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claire [My Book]   Claire [My Book] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:12 pm

Do you want me to move this topic, Nevermore?
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Comet
Comet
Nevermore

Claire [My Book] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claire [My Book]   Claire [My Book] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:25 am

I'll just copy/paste the chapters by hand and then you can delete this.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

Claire [My Book] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claire [My Book]   Claire [My Book] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 am

Locked, will delete with nevermore's permission.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Claire [My Book] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claire [My Book]   Claire [My Book] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Claire [My Book]
Page 1 of 1