SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Very important announcement.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

Very important announcement. Empty
PostSubject: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 pm

First of all, I have decided to recruit I.Spit.On.Joo as a event assistantance person for his activity.

I have clarify with one of the admins and there might be a possiblity the following rules will be inputted into events. These rules with be placed in effect immediately once the other admin agrees to the event bill.

Anytime if a person signs up for an event, that person must perform their very best to show up 15 minutes prior to an event's start. A person MAY be given additional 15 minute grace time if they're late but if it is not given, there will be a punishment. Even if a grace time is given and a person is still late without an reasonable excuse, there will be punishments involved.

If a person can not show up for an event at an arranged time, that person must cancel atleast three days ahead. Failing to do so, will result in severe punishment. Any cancelation under three days will be COMPLETELY unacceptable.

If a person does not show up for an event and indeed sign up for it, that person must IMMEDIATELY write a reasonable excuse as soon as they get on SCRP boards. That means, they CAN NOT just write the time of their PM excuse anytime they want, not one week late, not one day late, not even one hour late.(I will be checking the activity of sign-ups on the boards). Failing to do so will result in severe punishment.

Reasonable is judged based on my opinion. However if an excuse is unreasonable, I will request pending for the following punishments given to kykai and 0bvilion where then they will also confirm the reasonableness of a person's excuse.

To punishment for lates, is to be suspension from events for X number of days. Where X is Minutes Late(Rounded UP NOT DOWN to the nearest digit ending in 5 or 0 not down)/5. Example, if a person is late for 30 minutes, that person can not participate from events for 6 days. Lates after 30 minutes will be a suspension from a week.

The event moderators have the power to deny any application to a event they make.

For unexplained/unreasonable absentees. there will be a suspension from SCRP boards which are for the following times

first offense-One day
second offense-Three day
third offense-Five days
Fourth and repeating-Week

Once both admins have confirmed with the bill, these will be placed immediately in effect. All events currently occuring will have the sign up list cleared and in addition, people must then re apply for the event knowing that the new rules will be added in effect.

This bill was requested based on my personal belief and people who are very active to events having to undergo events with frequent unreasonable flaws. It is EXTREMELY rude when people are late or absente for an event that jeopardizes what is meant to be a enjoyable game to an extremely boring one or just one that doesn't exist or even having to wait for unfair moments. I can no longer tolerate it anymore and I feel that there must be restrictions in how people can act around SCRP, and events should be no exception.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Sounds a bit harsh. But you know, it will most definately work in stopping this nonsense^^
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Harsh? May be not, its not that difficult to just write a note on the fridge. "Event this week, got to make sure I go." or even "Oh shit, I have something planned that day. Better cancel right now" or even to just spend 5 minutes writing a believeable excuse.

Plus, the punishments only WORK on applicators who apply for an event, not just random people.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Of course. Wouldn't make sense otherwise^^
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:29 pm

*Raises hand.*

I, from this day forth, approve of these rules.
Back to top Go down
Gort the mighty
Mercury
Mercury
Gort the mighty

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:17 pm

ok..fine...i think ill quit the event, since i dont feel like getting punished
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 pm

It does not take that much of an effort to just write an excuse or even try to plan ahead. All i'm asking is for the people who sign up to accutally TAKE IT seriously, not just consider it something they CAN do if they feel like it but I want people to feel they MUST do it.

Think of this, if you sign up for a role in your school's drama club and you suddenly just didn't feel like doing anything on the day it was meant to be presented. How terrible would it be if the main actor didn't show up? People would not be able to do almost anything at all? You of course, will be obviously punished for your decesion.

So think this through, are you so unable to commit yourself, you can't even prepare 3-4 hours of free time for something you signed up?

The rules were merely placed in order to reinforce the above statement and if you seriously can't do it, it would be ridiculous as you play atleast four times that much time and spend on your free time.

Again, the purpose of the bill is to stop the non-sense of people who do commit from wasting their efforts for nothing and it wouldn't be very fair to them, knowing that they planned ahead for nothing and end up in vain without some kind of fairness behind it.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Just to correct you, in acting you don't get punished for leaving. Sure they may be disappointed in you, but everyone has a back up for their part so if one goes down then they have someone to replace them with. Now like you said, it would be rude, but they don't get punished for it. They just get a lot of questions asked by other actors as to why they left.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:50 pm

But imagine the terrible situation of no back-ups...

There is indeed a punishment and it is that their reputation will be damaged.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:03 pm

That depends on the actor.

You see, if there are well known then if they do leave, sure, it will make a few angry, but it must have only been for a good reason.

But that of course doesn't work for a less popular person, but once again it can be seen as being too nervous, so their reputation wont be terribly trashed. But they might not get another part anytime soon^^
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:43 pm

Let's not discuss here. The main problem is that we CAN'T replace people right now not we DON'T want to replace.

Seriously, we need to do something about recruitment.
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:26 pm

i agree with the rules. they are fair for those who choose not to show. i have a warning myself for not showing to the rp event. i was moving and couldnt but its still no excuse. if you think you wont make it then dont post a application.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very important announcement.   Very important announcement. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very important announcement.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SCRP :: Starcraft RolePlay :: Events-
Jump to: