SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rotad
Comet
Comet

Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion Empty
PostSubject: Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion   Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:07 pm

I

Lu Meng

Lu Meng stood on the balcony. He was wearing simple robes, which tugged slightly in the wind. He was looking over the renovating of the city of Jiang Ling.

That's right, this wasn't always the city it now looked like. However, it wasn't always the former blight that was being renovated. No, Jiang Ling had a long history as an important center for the Three Kingdoms fight. It had been fought over many times, its location in the center of China with a large backdrop of mountains and a nearby river giving it a lot of advantageous terrain; hard to get into... but just as hard to get out.

So that must've been why Zhen Luo had turned the city into a prison colony. The only building left standing was the palace, left as a show of force towards the prisoners; a stone and clay monument towards the strength of Wei.

It almost hurt Meng to stand on it now.

He remembered every day that lead up to that fateful day. He remember stealing away a weapon at a time, burying them in dirt, hoping that they wouldn't be damaged when he finally unearthed them to begin his crusade. He remembered every secret message slipped out with a paid off guard. He thanked whatever god there was for the corruption that ran rife throughout the bloated corpse of Wei.

He paced, looking out over another side of the balcony into the fields, farmers streaming from their work towards their houses that lay in the shadow of the city's walls. The people were happy; half of them had only been 'people' for about a year. Yes, Jiang Ling now hid a dark secret, although it wasn't so much as a secret as it was a former curse.

It was a year ago. Meng had organized the riot after discovering another former Wu soldier and the man's bodyguard; Guan Shao and Pang He. Meng and Shao had exchanged many conversations during their times in Wu, and it warmed Meng to see the man.

"Guan Shao, betrayer of Shu and Guardian of Wu. It almost pains me to see you in these conditions, but the site alone has brought much happiness."

Shao stood and clasped the man's hand. Unlike many prison camps, they were not forced to do work here. In fact, prisoners had quite a bit of freedom, relatively, and were allowed to work out. They were kept here until they either submitted and joined the Wei in their unified kingdom, or until they died. Meng and Shao refused to do either.

"Lu Meng, the Wu strategist General. We've shared many an time together, my friend. Unfortunately it seems we're stuck in here together."

"I wouldn't dare say so. I have a few weapons hidden away... about four. Our weapons sit in the armory near the barracks. If we can fight or sneak our way there... we can have a rebellion going in a mere minutes. There are many able bodied men from both Wu and Shu here, and I have heard reports that Zhao Yun roams in the western quadrant with other Shu members."

"I hear that Lu Bu is kept in the palace basement, in chains. He's got a personal guard of one-hundred men."

Interesting. Meng smiled. He moved and sat down next to the man, whispering even more. Talk of rebellion was constant, the two generals talking about it would not incite a guard incursion, but any really threatening plans should be kept secret,

"Shao, I have been using guards to filter messages to groups of Wu soldiers that roam the lands. They're hiding in the countryside. I've been told that an armored lady has been roaming the land, asking for Fengxian."

Both men looked at each other. A simultaneous response;

"Lu Ling Qi."

That night Meng gave a message to give to a band that would meet outside the gate. Inside it only said "Fengxian's Offspring." The note would be delivered, by either word of mouth or by the passing of the scroll. They would tell her where. On the bottom of the scroll was a single phrase. "Chi Bi".

The band would recognize it as the day that the rebellion was to be initiated; the anniversary of the decisive battle of Chi Bi, which caused a 10 year recession in Wei. Meng saw it as a befitting day; the union of everyone against Wei, aimed at destroying them.

Meng forgot about Lu Ling Qi for the time being. He dug up the weapons that he, Shao, He, and Yun would use. He distributed them, all swords. They awaited a week, giving time for Lu Ling Qi and the decisive date to come.

That night they struck.

There were few casualties in the opening hours of the rebellion. Pang He was in charge of going around through the camps and tell the men to gather at the palace gate. Peasants were to go to the gates and get ready to storm them, sans weapons, to open them for the Wu bands to join the battle.

Meng, Shao, and Yun slipped into the gatehouse. Meng killed the first man, and opened the gate a crack. The three men slipped in. Shao pointed towards the stables, and then motioned Yun to go; he would be in charge of gathering horses and preparing for the mopping up of the Wei units.

Meng and Shao moved to the armory. They snuck behind sentries, killing few. Those that died were hid in the shadows; in the daylight there bodies would be found, by the new rulers.

Shao moved towards the doorway of the armory. He motioned to Meng, who moved forwards, and planted a boot hard in the middle of the door. It flew inwards, crashing into one of the sentries inside. Before the other could get out a squeak, Shao lept into the building, hurling his sword end over end. It impacted with the man's throat, silencing and killing the man in one fell blow.

They both waited for the tell tale shouting that would accompany any knowledge of the rebellion. The pounding of feet was all that came, and that was faint. Shao and Meng nodded, realizing they didn't have much time. They both grabbed their weapons; Shao had dual swords, Meng his spear. They grabbed Zhao Yun's dragon spear as well. Meng grabbed another spear, and snuck over to the barracks next door. With one entry, it was meant to be a choke point; a defensible stone building meant for a last stand. Now it would seal the enemy army from assisting. Meng wedged the spear into the door handle and the wall, making opening the door difficult.

He rushed out. Yun would be arriving then, and Shao had opened the gates. Men rushed forwards, as silently as possible, and into the armory, quickly arming themselves with spear and swords and bow. Bowmen took to the walls with a few swordsmen as guards.

And that's when the din of battle erupted.

The three generals ascended the stairs towards the palace. There was a few dead bodies, which showed why their job had been so easy; someone had beaten them there. Shao laughed lightly, and Meng smiled.

The two crested the stairway and stood in front of the palace. To their left was a stairway, and surmounting it was the towering Lu Bu...

Meng snapped from his revelry. He noticed a stark drop in temperature, and he walked inside. It didn't take him long to realize that night had finally set on during his nostalgia, and he wrapped another robe around himself as he made his way downstairs to the throne room. He sat himself in the seat, crossing a leg, steepling his hands, and watching the long chamber for visitors at a late hour.

Last edited by Rotad on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rotad
Comet
Comet

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion   Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:46 pm

II

Ba Zeng & Lu Bu & Lu Ling Qi

Lu Ling Qi walked down memory lane, in this case, it was a dark hallway in the lower levels of the palace. Everyone was away doing their duties at this time, leaving her alone down here. Her eyes were closed, left hand gliding across the stone wall as she walked slowly. It was cold; she was almost shivering. The orange sun was at its lowest point in the sky, and dim yellow light bled through the windows.

Her hand ran through the part of the wall she was looking for. She stopped in her tracks, it was a scar on the wall. She focused to relive the moment. Thrusting her left katar straight through the Wei soldier, it had left a slash mark on the wall. For a moment the rush of the adrenaline came back to her as she relived the battle. The palace obviously wasn't the site of the prison camp. But the palace cellar was where her father was being held. It was probably the most guarded place for Lu Bu to be. One wouldn't imagine him escaping.

They were wrong. For Lu Ling Qi was on a mission, and she wouldn't leave without him.

As Lu Ling Qi flourished her arms; two more Wei guards fell to her blades. Hurrying down the stairs she couldn't believe her eyes. It was a unbearable sight to see her father again. Her father was bound in ropes, most of them probably not even necessary. The room surrounding them was a gritty basement with no windows or the slightest ventilation. Lu Bu was shirtless, and many scars and whip marks littered his body.

His head drooped downward, and for a moment the thought struck her that he could already be dead. She rushed to his side, "Father!" The sound of her voice seemed to trigger Lu Bu's body to twitch.

Picking up his head she could see his pale face. Months of malnutrition and torture had almost broken this warrior, but still, a normal man wouldn't have lasted a third of the time Lu Bu had. It surprised the former governor just how strong Lu Bu was. His eyes opened, and she could peer into his soul, and it was at that moment that she saw Lu Bu at his weakest, a state that no one has ever seen Lu Bu in.

He started to weep, to see his daughter cutting him down from the ropes. He almost thought she was an illusion, his tired brain playing emotional tricks on him. As soon as he was brought down from his binding Lu Bu embraced his daughter. His voice was rough, weak, the sound of a man who's very being had been pushed to the breaking point. "I can't believe you came."

Lu Ling Qi was overcome with emotions. As she returned to the present, she stared at the empty wall that once held her father prisoner. A tear returned to her eye. Happiness, sadness, a sense of accomplishment. She had rescued her father from the depths of death.

She closed her eyes again, and in an instant she returned to the past. The father and daughter reunion was cut short, the sound of a slamming door. The embrace ended, and Lu Ling Qi said cleverly, "I brought you something." She smiled. Unnoticed until know, there was a huge long box that Lu Ling Qi was carrying on her back. "I hope you aren't too weak to fight dad." She unlocked the box and from erected a Ji.

"Sky Piercer..." Lu Bu said in awe. It was his spear. Very ornamental, yet very deadly. It was Lu Bu's very existence. His third wife. To see her father in such awestruck gave Lu Ling Qi a broad smile. Suddenly a very unlucky Wei soldier began to run down the stairs, he emerged with a long sword. He froze in his steps, mouth wide open, and in shock to see a freed Lu Bu.

Without speaking a work Lu Bu grasped the shaft of Sky Piercer and hurled it as a javelin towards the soldier. It cut straight through him. Sky Piercer even destroyed the armor he was, once again, was wearing. Blood spattered across the wall as the soldier's heart exploded. From upstairs, screams of fear. They realized that they had failed to contain Lu Bu, the sound of cowardly soldiers running away became apparent. Lu Bu went to retrieve his Ji.

The sight brought a smile to Lu Ling Qi, to see his father fighting once more. She wasn't a stranger to death. For she had cut down many soldiers in her brief life. During the battle of Xia Pi she had fought side by side against Cao Cao and Liu Bei's armies. Allegedly killing over a hundred individuals with her swift, deadly katars.

"Stay behind me," Lu Bu's voice had regained some of it's familiar sound. Lu Ling Qi nodded, ready with her katars in the air, behind her father. Lu Bu ran up the steps and with one twirl of Sky Piercer, cleared the top of the steps of Wei soldiers. Lu Bu and his daughter secured the hallway. Fighting alongside her daughter again rejuvenated something inside Lu Bu that he hadn't felt in a long time. He was immensely proud of his daughter. Even though he didn't use those weird katars, he had personally trained her to be a flexible acrobat, and just as strong as a normal soldier in upper body strength. Soon people will learn to fear her just as they fear Lu Bu.

"Who arranged this?" Lu Bu stood his ground, holding Sky Piercer with two hands on the shaft, with someone else's blood staining his chest. Lu Ling Qi was also in fighting stance, everyone was already dead in this hallway however, but these great fighters know never to let their guard down. In this stance they cautiously advanced step by step, back to back.

"Lu Meng contacted someone named Guan Shao and his bodyguard Pang He. I found a scroll that was left for me that said 'Chi Bi', it was addressed 'Fengxian's Offspring'. I was searching for you north of Jiang Ling, in Wan. I came here as fast as I could, just to make it in time for Chi Bi's anniversary."

The sounds of rioting became apparent outside the walls of the hallway. Steps approached in the distance and Lu Bu and Lu Ling Qi prepared them selfs for another fight.

Instead it was a welcome surprise, it was their allies, Lu Meng, Guan Shao, and Zhao Yun. Seriousness gave way to smiles.

Out of nowhere the five of them heard a slow clapping of hands. There was a stair case in sight that lead upstairs into the governor's quarters. Behind them Ba Zeng stood with a grin on mid way up the stairs.

"I have to say, you five must've put a lot of effort into this. Timing couldn't have been perfect. Sorry I'm not much of a fighter, Instead I've been raiding General Hisi's personal vault of gold."

Ba Zeng may not of been the best fighter, but he was a great opportunist. On his belt was seven bags filled with gold coins. He shrugged, "I'm willing to share." Ba Zeng's attire itself was renowned, the grey robe with the black 'Zen" marking. Yes, Ba Zeng was the prime minister of Zen, the original rebel. He lead Zen's armies alongside Lu Chen against Cao Cao. However his military career ended when Zhen Luo forced him to submit. Then he was sent here to rot for ten years. Ba Zeng was arguably Wei's most feared enemy. Not for his strength, but his strategical prowess.

Now, he was free...
Back to top Go down
Rotad
Comet
Comet

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion   Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:44 am

III

Zhao Yun

To say the least the Dragon of Shu was content to live his life in the Prison, he was keeping his oath to his lord on that last day – “My lord, I would give my life to the heavens, before I join the forces of Wei in their hour of victory.” The words still rung true within Zhao Yun’s darkened mind, the last segments of honour held onto the promise, and he had kept his word, he would rot and suffer hunger, but never would he join Wei, this metal cage would forever prohibit him from giving into the temptation of war, that joining Wei would give him.

As if the heavens knew what he thought, the door to his cell block smashed open, and a small group of men quickly cut down the few guards who protected these more peaceful cells. However the Shu general seemed less than impressed with the sight of a certain Guan Shao, a man he remembered well, a traitor, as dishonourable to his Lord as they come. Something within Zhao Yun told him to shop the bastard’s head off right there and then, but he realised what this was, the rebellion he had dreamt of, and he wasn’t going to let the chance slip away for retribution, a time would come later for that fun.

Zhao Yun bolted out of his cell, locking onto a certain guard, who to be nice, was less than friendly. A sinister grin spread on Yun’s face as he ran, overtaking, and inadvertently cutting up Guan Shao and Lu Meng. The guard panicked and froze, before Yun was onto him, grabbing him around the collar of his armour and throwing him, with a small spin, towards the left side wall. Never had Zhao Yun heard a skull crack against stone, but there it was, a fresh, bloody guard, unconscious no doubt, if not already dead.

The former Shu warrior turned and gave everyone their first good look at Zhao Yun, an image no longer of that famed general, but of an animal, cunning, menacing and extremely dangerous. He took a few steps forward, all but the rebel officers kept their ground, whilst the few soldiers took equal steps back, fearful of the possible renegade enemy, yet he did not strike, and instead saw the spear within Lu Meng’s spare hand, and placed his hand on the shaft, not yet taking it, but giving the strategist an eye to eye, a show that regardless of his appearance, would not be harming anyone this day.

“We meet again Lu Meng. Just like Chibi?” Zhao Yun smirked and took the spear, turning on his heel and moving with his new allies towards the exit of the cell block. It was to be a day to be remembered, and for Wei, one to be feared.

It was later on when the real attack happened, units worked in union to tackle the Wei resistance. The four men of Meng, Shao, He and Yun moved in on the complex, using the cover of dark as their most dangerous weapon. Patrols were quickly taken care of by silent close quarter moves whilst Pang He moved out to take care of his business. The night would be stained red.

Entering was no problem, and once in it was all about taking it by force as the peasant army forced their way in and took to the streets, killing anyone they could see. Zhao Yun was loving every moment of it as he snuck around to take out the Wei troops in his own, merciless means. His love for the situation took a sudden drop as a hand was pointed towards the stables from none other than Guan Shao, teeth clenched within Zhao Yun’s eyes, as annoyed eyes met Shao’s, the former Dragon General of Shu irritable by the man as it was without him giving Yun orders.

Hours later and whispers begun to be spoken between the peasant rebels, it was being said that General Lu Meng was sitting upon the throne, and Zhao Yun found himself running to the location, not wanting to be late for what he suspected to be some kind of victory speech, a decree of the rebellion, whatever it was, he wanted to witness it. Outside the palace, he composed himself, and walked inside, his Dragon Spear in hand, bloody staining his armour in splatters and spots, but he wasn’t going to miss it.

He noticed the officers near the front and proceeded on, through the growing crowds and joined with the others. Steps were heard close by, and Zhao Yun readied himself, like several other soldiers. Zhao Yun had not expected the sight he witnessed as he drew his spear and took a step forward, only to stop midway. Lu Bu and Lu Lingqi. What kind of rebellion was this!? Zhao Yun found himself, snarl ever so slightly at the sight of Lu Bu raise his own polearm in response to Zhao Yun, Zilong never understood how Lu Bu gained so much of reputation, but he held his mouth about it.

“Okay great so we’re all here...-“ He was cut off by another unlikely face, one which made Yun’s eyebrows raise. “You have got to be kidding me...”

"I have to say, you five must've put a lot of effort into this. Timing couldn't have been perfect. Sorry I'm not much of a fighter, Instead I've been raiding General Hisi's personal vault of gold. I’m willing to share." The witty Ba Zeng chimed.

A rare smile rose on Zilong’s face at the site and he took a step back into the line of officers once more, giving one more look at the ferocious Lu Bu, at least by reputation, though Yun knew one day he would find out if the legends were true. Guan Shao was another case entirely, in fact the entire situation was strange, Yun had never been in such a force with such a mixture of famous faces, and Yun had been in quite a few...
Back to top Go down
Rotad
Comet
Comet

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion   Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:45 am

IV

Lu Meng

Meng's eyelids drifted towards closing as nostalgia and insomnia overwhelmed him. His eyes glossed over and the lids fell shut, and he was taken back to that very day...

The warriors had gathered around him. Zhao Yun, Lu Bu, Lu Ling Qi, Guan Shao, Ba Zeng. They were all great warriors that were renowned for fighting against Wei and, more importantly, winning. Meng smiled at them all. He was wearing his brown robes, his armor on underneath, but an image of relaxation over his face.

The city had just been taken. Wei forces were still streaming from the city, including the governor, who was bound and gagged and thrown on a horse, forced out of the city. Meng had personally seen to it.

Burials were occurring; fallen prisoners were buried just outside the city, where as the Wei soldiers were burnt, their bones unceremoniously discarded outside the city. Fields were already being set up outside, sympathizers from the local area donating seeds to be planted.

Meng was happy. But he wasn't fulfilled. No. Wei still stood. This was but a minor victory. It was up to him to keep these men on his side, and to keep them focused on fighting the bastards of Wei.

He motioned to the generals to follow him. Outside, an impromptu army, a mix of red, green, gray and some blue, stood guard and in parade positions. They watched as the leaders ascended the gatehouse, standing on the outside. Lu Meng as at the head, flanked on each side by Zhao Yun and Lu Bu, Guan Shao walking slightly behind with Ba Zeng and Lu Ling Qi. Meng stopped, a parapet over a large open space used for proclamations.

He cleared his throat, the gathering people there finally taking notice. Meng held up his hands as a wave of applause and accolades washed upwards. he patted them against the air, asking for calm. It came after another minute of cheering, something that the people needed.

"People of Jiang Ling, I am flattered that you accept me so heedlessly as your leader. However, I alone am not responsible. Many of you were just as important as I was, as without your support, all of us gathered on this platform would be dead, many times over.

It is with this knowledge that I declare us an independent state from Wei. We are the first state of the Tuo Tuan Alliance, Zhong Jie Bing. We shall be the leaders of the resistance against the Wei Empire, and with our perilous position in the middle of the Empire, we're also the most brave.

I count on you, my fellow countrymen, to lay down old rivalries, and pick up both the spear, and the spade, and work to a better life for us all.

I will have more information on our course in the coming weeks. For now, rest assured that we will beat Wei. We will."

Meng turned and left the platform to raucous applause. He would not wait for the others to follow him; they would come anyways...

Meng awoke. He shuddered with a shaking of his head. He stood from his throne, and stumbled forwards a little. Guards watched stoically, though they were on edge, ready to rush forwards an assist if they were required.

Meng made it to the doorway, leaning against the large frame. He sighed as he looked out over the inky black sky, stars twinkling gently in the sky.

Last edited by Rotad on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rotad
Comet
Comet

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion   Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:46 am

V

Ba Zeng & Lu Bu & Lu Ling Qi

Lu Bu and Lu Ling Qi let down their stance at the sight of the other three generals, and surprisingly, Ba Zeng. Who's stories are told across the nation. Lu Meng asked them all to come join him in consulting the people.

Blood stained his chest, he was sweating, and he was 'tired', to say the least, because of months of sleeping in bound ropes and malnutrition. That didn't stop Lu Bu, he appeared as is to the people. They needed to see that these four men, and Lu Ling Qi, whose clothing were also bloody and her katars crimson. All played their own part against Wei.

Lu Bu let Lu Meng have his part of talking to the people. Lu Bu wasn't much of a talker, and he didn't have his voice back yet, meaning he couldn't yell out to the people. However he knew he was an idol to the people, he knew little kids aspired to be him, he knew they looked up to him. Lu Bu wasn't a hero, throughout his life his actions resembled someone with only self interest at heart. This didn't stop people in loving him, it was his strength. Some say Guan Yu was the God of War. Or Pang De had infinite strength, or Zhang Liao was unmatchable on the battle field.

This man deserved all of those titles. Combined.

Ba Zeng stood behind the others, later he might reveal himself to the people, but if he did so now, they would look at him as the leader. No, it was time for Ba Zeng to pass the torch. It was Lu Meng who should lead. Ba Zeng lead a rebellion fifteen years ago, it failed. Yes, Ba Zeng wouldn't reveal himself for the coming months. He was to lend his aid in planning battles, or civil affairs. Not lead another rebellion.

Mid Speech, Ba Zeng left the balcony. He's heard it all before.

Lu Ling Qi wasn't used to being famous. Always in her father's shadows. Now, would things change. Would women look to her as role models? Would he be just as famous as her father? Sometimes she dreamed about soldiers running away from her at the sound of her name. So far, to do that she has to announce herself as, "Lu Bu's Daughter." One day maybe, she would announce herself as, "Lu Ling Qi." And not one man would dare look her in the eye. A day far away.

Lu Bu looked at the people in front of him as they cheered. They were soldiers, not criminals. The only crime they may have committed was fighting against Wei. Most of these men, veterans of the Great Wars. This wasn't a place for your average rapist, robber, or murderer. These people were soldiers...

...and they were ready to fight back.

Lu Ling Qi opened her eyes, she was in the basement where he father was held. Triumphant that day was. She didn't know what horrors were committed in this room to her father. She didn't ask. It may have brought up memories meant to be forgotten. She could only imagine. She turned and walked back up the steps. She stopped at the top and looked at the narrow hallway. It was well into the night by now, and moonlight bled through the windows. She turned her head to inspect both walls again. Littered with slash marks and blood stains, even from many months ago. This was a forgotten part of the palace. Lu Ling Qi's body was bathed in a cool breeze, making her shiver. She pulled her robes closer. This hallway was unnaturally colder then the rest. Perhaps spirits of the dead Wei soldiers haunted this hallway.

The thought didn't discourage her. They deserved to die for what they did to us, and many others. Lu Ling Qi rotated her self slowly in a three-sixty, she said in a mere whisper. "I will continue to kill oppressors, till the day I die. No one will stop me, for I am a Titan." She ended her three-sixty and continued walking down the hallway towards her chambers, a smile, emerging on her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion   Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue - The Tuo Tuan Rebellion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SCRP :: General :: The Library :: Titans and Monoliths-
Jump to: