SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Runescape is weird

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Anyone else play? I've been on the game for about 7 years tops, and my account has never been hacked. It's un-hackable.

I'm lvl 94 in members, 91 in regular, and not a member right now.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:48 pm

It is hackable by use of a brute forcer. It's really easy to hack people but if you hack people that are too high then the makers get suspicious and delete you.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:04 pm

I have no idea what best dragon3 is talking about but no that is not true.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Eh, not as true anymore I'll agree. But basically a brute forcer is a hacking program that basically tries every password possible until it finds a match. Now a days it doesn't work as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if some nerd out there made a new one just to show that he could^^
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:49 pm

I have lvl 78 non member, and seriously, I feel like I waste lots of time in my life playing this game while I could have used it for something thats a bit more meaningful.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:18 pm

That I will agree on Lol
Back to top Go down
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:41 pm

bestdragon3 wrote:
It is hackable by use of a brute forcer. It's really easy to hack people but if you hack people that are too high then the makers get suspicious and delete you.

...wtf? I don't think that's even an actual program or something...

"every password" You realize how long that would fucking take? MONTHS. Even with a program that big, guessing at 1 password per milisecond, it would take MONTHS! -.-
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:16 pm

i use to have a lv 85 but it got hacked. have a lv 72 now would be higher but its gear got stolen{not hacked thank god} and i lost the will to play for like 2 years because i spent so much work on him. i dont play much anymore though and if i do play to talk to old friends.
Back to top Go down
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Same with me, really.

How did your gear get stolen if it wasn't hacked then?
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:24 pm

sometimes people get your password and choose to just take your gear because they have no use your your person. my password on both was easy to guess and they probily took the time to guess it since it was cow related. i have a lv 30 char whos pass i bet would take eternity to find out its so random. in fact i had to write it down somewhere or i would forget. after my gear got stolen i decided to quickly change my pass so the person couldnt just type my password and steal more of my hard work.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:26 pm

Makes me remember the old days... I was getting a random guy that was about lvl 50 and I became friend with him, then called him my apprentice, and said I'd help him to level up if he gave me his password...

I got full adamant (g) that way.
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:50 pm

lol nice way to play him. i once said collect 100k and 100 bones and i will make special armor for someone and they fell for it...sadly they added me and 1 day i was in the wilderness and he killed me and took my full rune, and that was before jagex jewed the game making full rune cost half as much and geting rid of pking. so my scam came back to haunt me.
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:52 pm

Stitchpunk-44 wrote:
bestdragon3 wrote:

...wtf? I don't think that's even an actual program or something...

"every password" You realize how long that would fucking take? MONTHS. Even with a program that big, guessing at 1 password per milisecond, it would take MONTHS! -.-

hay whats the max number of leters/numbers a password can have. and i might be able to calculate how long it takes.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:35 pm

I think it's 12. My instinct tells me 12.
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:04 pm

i will check that sometime this week to make sure. i already know the equation i will have to do to solve.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:26 pm

Well I already know how the math is.

6 letter password with no caps, special characters, or numbers. = about 6 minutes

12 letter password with caps, special characters, and numbers. = about 2 millenia depending on your computer speed.

But it's not really about how many letters, but if you use what I said about. Caps, special characters, and numbers greatly decrease the chances of a brute forcer getting through.
Back to top Go down
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:46 am

cowsmacker wrote:
lol nice way to play him. i once said collect 100k and 100 bones and i will make special armor for someone and they fell for it...sadly they added me and 1 day i was in the wilderness and he killed me and took my full rune, and that was before jagex jewed the game making full rune cost half as much and geting rid of pking. so my scam came back to haunt me.

Jagex got rid of PKing because it wasn't needed anymore, and too many people were complaining about having lost their stuff in the Wild, plus there were so many things you had to do in there and people would just camp against you. =/

That's probably why they have full PK worlds now.

cowsmacker wrote:
sometimes people get your password and choose to just take your gear because they have no use your your person. my password on both was easy to guess and they probily took the time to guess it since it was cow related. i have a lv 30 char whos pass i bet would take eternity to find out its so random. in fact i had to write it down somewhere or i would forget. after my gear got stolen i decided to quickly change my pass so the person couldnt just type my password and steal more of my hard work.

... that's still hacking, dumbass.

And am I really the only one on this forums who has a lvl 90+ that has never been hacked? =/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Runescape is weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape is weird   Runescape is weird I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Runescape is weird
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SCRP :: General :: Gaming-
Jump to: