SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"GodModding"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:13 pm

What actualy defines this term? I've heard lots of things, going from a person who is a god, to someone who is an idiot that doesn't know how to RP.

Me? I say a GodModder is someone that doesn't know how to RP. The person also makes a very powerful character that can't die at all, has no weaknesses, no drawbacks, and their power is limitless. Now, I'll say that I've made ONE of my characters all-powerful, but he can die. It's just damn near impossible, and I never use him anymore.

Some of you have also called ME a godmodder because Wikk can't die. Big deal. There's a drawback to him not being able to die. He has NO POWERS whatsoever. If some of you have been channel RPing with me, you've seen that I always turn into a killable person (who is slightly rigged) with powers. Not my fault that the two people that I turn into have God-Like powers, blame the creator~

Anyway, what are your guys thoughts/opinions?
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:45 pm

In my opinion a GodModder is someone whose character is for all purposes, invincible. No attacks or any techniques will work against said character. The character can instantly recover from anything that happenes to him/her. Of course, the character can do anything to any other character and the other characters arn't allowed to defend against it.

Otherwise it is just people whining because said character happens to be able to counter said whiner... Either that or their idea is better and instead of thinking of a logical argument says that they GodMod... That is just ignorant if I do say so myself.
Back to top Go down
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:00 am

[quote="bestdragon3"][color=blue]In my opinion a GodModder is someone whose character is for all purposes, invincible. No attacks or any techniques will work against said character. The character can instantly recover from anything that happenes to him/her. [quote]

You said the same thing twice XD
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:36 am

Eh, whatever. It's still true lol
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:10 pm

God-modding, a term used commonly in RPs. We can all discuss this term in high detail. Many of us believe "godmodding" is an unacceptable behavior within RPs.

I want you to think about what I'm about to say, and you'll realize that god modding does not really exist.

Human beings create and destroy, they receive or give power. In Rps, we do no different than the qualities we been given. Whenever we create a character, we create characteristics that make our characters unique, the problem is that the characteristics we select is what make "godmodding".

You all believe that god modding is an invincible, immune with no weaknesses. That is simply a characteristic. The problem is what defines the line between god modding and no-godmodding.

Let's think of an example.

Pretend Character A shoots an arrow, and lands on character B, and character B says the arrow fails cause of dodging and special protection. This is already considered god modding cause some people in real can't quickly dodge an arrow at that speed, by dodging that arrow, Character B has amazing agility already. With that agility, its already a type of impossibleness.

Another example, Character B "supposedly" slashes after he
"dodged" character A. Character A is immune to the attacks to his "assumed" incredible strength. Character A is now given incredible strength and endurance, its another type of impossibleness.

Now think about it, we'll basically use "magic" to kill character A and B. But that character C is now using a magic that overcomes A and B's highly modified capiblities, that means C is now a greater force than A or B. This is now a very impossiblness.

Truth is, whenever we create a capability that CAN NOT exist in real life, we're basically god modding. Even with a particular weakness, you obviously won't just let that weakness be used up won't you. Can you really say a given ability you made isn't god modding already?

To be honest, to those people who extreme godmod. Just ignore them and pretend they don't exist.
Back to top Go down
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Um. Depending on how far away they are, you CAN dodge an arrow easily, and it also depends on the situation....
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Yeah, but I think he's talking about anything inhuman as "Godmodding."

Plus you don't get a lot of those special situations. I mean, arrows are pretty fast^^
Back to top Go down
CaR HoppeR
Pluto
Pluto
CaR HoppeR

Location : Belgrade, Serbia, Balkans, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:04 am

Good RPer:

My guy is a being of power with cool exploding zealots near him. HE's strong, but you can own him with magic or by moving fast, because of his speed.

Godmod Noob:

ZOMG!!! MY GAI IS SO INVINCIBLEEEEEEEEE!!!! U CUNT KILL H1M AND HE OWNZ ALL OF U!!!
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:25 am

Heh, exaaactly^^
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:19 pm

i have seen many godmoders. they piss me off so much. but thier is 1 thing that can stop even the invincablilist of people. the mighty smack of the ban hammer. a weapon only a select few know how to use it without abuse.
Back to top Go down
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Eh, untrue. I see a lot of people abuse the banhammer (BestDragon3 and Destroyer9000 >.>)

Exploding zlots? Lol. I'd say some people would consider that godmodding, just depending on how they are. Not everyone has a magic attack in an RP, they might just be a melee unit with special moves that aren't magic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"GodModding" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "GodModding"   "GodModding" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"GodModding"
Page 1 of 1