SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flood Controll

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CaR HoppeR
Pluto
Pluto
CaR HoppeR

Location : Belgrade, Serbia, Balkans, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe

Flood Controll Empty
PostSubject: Flood Controll   Flood Controll I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm

Can the admins please remove it? You can't edit your posts and those 45 seconds are more like 2 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

Flood Controll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Controll   Flood Controll I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:28 pm

I think it's built in the Forumotion programming, much like the 2K word limit is.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Flood Controll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Controll   Flood Controll I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:52 pm

No you can change it, I've worked with forumotion for awhile now.

When you go into the admin panel click on General -> Security. After that scroll down a bit and you'll see flood control.

And that's all their is to it^^
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Flood Controll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Controll   Flood Controll I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:35 pm

flood control is important but i agree 45 seconds is a bit high. might wana lower it a bit. and i agree with tarsonis it feels like 2 minutes but i have looked at a clock it is 45 seconds.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

Flood Controll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Controll   Flood Controll I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:42 pm

10-15 seconds would be more preferable due to most posts taking that long to create, process and finish.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

Flood Controll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Controll   Flood Controll I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:35 pm

I was thinking, that if you take less than 45 seconds to post, then you're going too fast, and spamming.

Anybody agree with me?
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Flood Controll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Controll   Flood Controll I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Makes sense, but I'm looking at it mostly for editing purposes. Plus I can type pretty fast Razz
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

Flood Controll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Controll   Flood Controll I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:02 am

I've not had any problems with editing so far. Are you sure it applies for editing messages too?

Maybe because I'm an admin, though. xD
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Flood Controll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Controll   Flood Controll I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Yeah, all admins start with the editing privilage so they can ignore the flood limit they implaced. This way they can quickly fix any mistakes they may have made with say... The rules? Or something along those lines...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flood Controll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flood Controll   Flood Controll I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flood Controll
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SCRP :: Starcraft RolePlay :: Suggestions / Questions-
Jump to: