SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Bot Conflict

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Due to the thing we will be moving channels shortly. In combination with metroid's news that bots are in the process of CDkey banned. We'll have to severely adjust to the new rule made by blizzard while maintaing our channel correctly. To do this, I have come with two solutions though I really not prefer two.

Solution #1: We'll keep using the bot and all admin/mod get bot software at the risk of getitng cdkey banned. To prevent this, extra cdkeys are requested from our community members. We'll also maintain greet messages and everything else with the current channel.

Solution #2: The admins will only go on SCRP once in a while in order to "ban" trouble makers. (though this may be difficult if people send "channel overflood bots")

PLEASE BE AWARE I CHANGED THE PASSWORD TO SCRP, PLEASE MESSAGE ME FOR THE PASSWORD IF YOU'RE ADMIN.

If any members of the community have a good idea, please suggest. We're in serious trouble here.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:13 pm

Um... Don't use a bot?
Back to top Go down
Quartz-The Earth Djinn
Mercury
Mercury

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:13 pm

or one of the moderators or admin can have an im or i can be a first alert person form my email allows me to send txts to peoples phones i could send a txt to one of the people in charge so that they would know and to get on asap
and i agree with tim
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:15 pm

Hmm, my bad, I guess I should of changed the title.

Its not that using we can't using a bot, but its the extra work involved in not using a bot. Anytime I want to have to deal with trouble makers, I need to leave my game, log out, log in to SCRP and then get rid of them. Ruining my games in the process. Depending on their intelligence, it can be very hard to control the problem. If I am allowed to use a bot, I can get rid of them easier while playing game.

Also, there's times where I'm not on. What will happen then?
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Well I have another idea then, get a few channel mods. These people are people that you trust and know wont fuck around. These channel mods must be known to come on often or at least on certain days so that you can set some mods on certain days. Now, a channel mod will get no extra power on the forum and is just here to get rid of bsers.

I think this is a pretty good idea.

P.s. you should probably have a form they fill out to make sure they will be able to do the job.
Back to top Go down
Quartz-The Earth Djinn
Mercury
Mercury

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:19 pm

lol u can use a bot if u want ur CD-Key banned... i shut my bot down the second i heard i also heard BB and another bot Manufacturer have made a Warden Free bot... but the problem is that blizzard had the Warden upgrade itself EVERY week so those are gonna be obsolete tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:30 pm

BestDragon3's suggestion is acceptable. However, there's a few problems with it, having the channel moderation power is a big responbility, the person behind the power must be impartial in all situations. The admins definately can't just give the power to anyone without a reasonable test, as any channel mod with a "PERSONAL" grudge against any member will simply abuse their power.

I propose that there is an "introduction" form and members are judged based on other factors.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:57 am

Yeah^^ This would be a great thing to have among the community. Or maybe when you think about it, why not just give the hammer to people with the channel mod powers? Wouldnt that be easier as well as keep the bot safe?
Back to top Go down
Quartz-The Earth Djinn
Mercury
Mercury

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:36 am

well we can have bots but we kinda have to wait for a few months until blizzard turns off the Warden... with people being kicked from bnet its gonna get LOTS of complaints :Smile:
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:12 pm

No, I doubt it, people were doing wrong in the first person, even if there's complaints, i noticed that the people being disconnected repeatedly are the hackers.
Back to top Go down
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:25 pm

Um... if it's a WC3 bot, I have about 3 dozen keys.... no idea if they work or not, but I have them. =/
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:27 pm

Wikk wrote:
Um... if it's a WC3 bot, I have about 3 dozen keys.... no idea if they work or not, but I have them. =/

That could work, are you able to make a warcraft 3 clan channel from the 3 dozen keys?
Back to top Go down
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:28 pm

Um... I don't know anything about making channels or so, and I'm not going through the complications of making a bot.

My guess? Yes, if I have enough keys.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:30 pm

We need exactly 10 warcraft cdkeys.
Back to top Go down
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:39 pm

I can PM a list of them to you, but no gaurentee that they will work.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:49 pm

But do you know some that work 100%?
Back to top Go down
Quartz-The Earth Djinn
Mercury
Mercury

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:00 pm

ghost im gonna say it one more time: stop attempting to have bots until the warden FALLS its all i ask is to wait! but ur already probably doing it... w/e anyways im just wondering what the hell is a forum bot? and wat it do? O.o so confuzzeled
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Why did you bump a topic 3 week inactive.
Back to top Go down
Quartz-The Earth Djinn
Mercury
Mercury

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:52 pm

... because i needed information! ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Bot Conflict Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bot Conflict   The Bot Conflict I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bot Conflict
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SCRP :: Starcraft RolePlay :: Suggestions / Questions-
Jump to: