SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My short story in progress. Give it a read and give me a review. Thanks!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nero
Asteroid
Asteroid
Nero

My short story in progress. Give it a read and give me a review. Thanks! Empty
PostSubject: My short story in progress. Give it a read and give me a review. Thanks!   My short story in progress. Give it a read and give me a review. Thanks! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:10 pm

The slow sound of rubber on asphalt beat at tempo to match the atmosphere of the desolate street that a lone figure walked down. It was the overcast evening of a humid day that brought the heavy rain upon the town. The man didn't mind the rain slipping down off the sides of his ball cap to leave clean streaks upon a dirty and weary face. He walked as if it was not raining at all, but as if it was a clear, sunny day. As a gentleman in a smart suit holding an umbrella hurried by cursing the sudden rain that was ruining his leather shoes he paid no attention to the drenched youth. Only after he was past did acknowledge his presence, but that was only because of the red tint of the water that had run off of him. Surprised he spun to see that the man had already disappeared. Still slightly concerned he hurried home to warm his feet by the fire he planned build in his fireplace.

He awoke to the sound of his alarm screeching in his ear. He bitterly rolled over to give a spiteful glare at the small brown clock. With sudden energy he leaped from the bed realizing that he was on the verge of being late. As he stood head down under the jet of his shower head he foolishly realized that today was Saturday and that he had only just forgotten to turn off the alarm. With a shake of his head he laughed at himself for being so idiotic. As he stepped from the shower and wrapped a towel around himself he felt a cold breeze tease him and send a shiver down his spine. Sitting down to his routine breakfast of cereal he tapped the power button to the television set that was on his kitchen island. Turning up the volume he then turned to head towards the refrigerator to fetch the milk. As he settled onto his stool a chiming sound carried across the room to him alerting him to the fact that the news station was airing a special report. In this town that normally meant that a small animal was stuck in a smaller spot. Then the word murder passed through his mind and was just about through the other ear when he grabbed it and held it shocked. He flashed his eyes to the screen, eyes locked on to the lips of the reporter as if that would make him know what she was going to say before she said it. His mind slowly analyzed what was being said. His mind raced, impossible, a murder in the hometown he had always lived in? It seemed like a fluke, something that could never happen. At the scene there were 4 dead bodies but evidence revealed that there should’ve been 5, someone had survived the massacre. According to who lived in the house next door the person unaccounted for was the 16 year old son. Terrified he looked up to see the photo; it showed a smiling young man wearing a Purdue boilermaker hat. Then the switch in his mind was flipped and he realized with disgust that he had walked right by this same boy, even noticing the blood trail, but was too absorbed in himself to even call the authorities or to even stop.
Back to top Go down

My short story in progress. Give it a read and give me a review. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1