SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2

Go down 
+4
cowsmacker
0blivion
power_of_ghost
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mercury
Mercury

List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 Empty
PostSubject: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Terrans:

Marine: He gets a new upgrade, the combat shield, it gives him more health

Marauder: A new unit with rockets that slow enemy units, useful against fast enemies like Zerglings. It's also useful against armored units.

Ghost: It functions the same as it's StarCraft and Brood War counterpart.

Reaper: Another new unit, he can jump ledges to either escape combat or raid an enemy base.

Hellion: A fast replacement to the Vulture, it has a fast, splash damage flamethrower that is great against clusters of weak enemies.

Siege Tank: Is basically the same as it's StarCraft counterpart, but it can now act more dependently, and it's Siege mode has one extra range added on to it.

Viking: The Terrans finally get a Transformer, he must be Starscream. Not only a useful base raider, but he can transform to be a flying anti-air. Good when faced with an enemy who is relentlessly sending air units at you and you are on the move.

Thor: A heavy assault unit turned into a huge Anti-air battery, he is faster and smaller than the last build, and replaces the Goliath for anti-air. His Thor's Hammer is also good against land enemies.

SCV: Same function.

MULE: A new supporting worker, he can mine much more minerals than the SCV, but he has a limited life-span.

Raven: He has had more name changes than Micheal Jackson has had face changes, he was once the Nighthawk, Vulkan, and Nomad. It is an effective point defense creator, being able to make the Auto-turret, sensor node, and a few other things. He's also a detector.

Banshee: A flying air-to-ground only gunship, it took the Wraith's cloaking ability as it's own. It's good against clusters of units, and buildings.

Medivac dropship: Replaces the Dropship and Medic, due to the addition of the reaper, a Medic/Reaper combination would have been hard to pull off. So the medivac dropship is imployed, and is just as manuevarable as the Reaper.

Battlecruiser: The most powerful Terran unit, and is worth the cost. It gets 2 new abilities besides the Yamato cannon, these being the Missile Barrage, and the Defensive Matrix, though, it can only have 1 at a time.

Terran Buildings:

Command Center:It serves the same purpose as last time, except nao, it can transport 5 SCVs with it when it lift's off.

Barracks: It still trains Marines, and the addition of the Marauder and Reaper, with the Marauder needing the Tech Lab, and the Reaper needing that and the Merc Compound.

Bunker: Same function.

Eng. Bay: Also, the same function.

Armory: Same function..again. Though, it is required to make Thors from the Factory.

Factory: It's default, non-tech units are Hellions, with Tech Labs required for the Siege Tank.

Orbital Command: Can see very far, can summon MULEs, and it can temporarily add on to the supply that Depots give.

Supply Depot:Can now lower and raise, which is good for base defense.

Merc Compound: Needed for Reapers.

Starport: It's default units are the Viking and Medivac Dropship, though, the Tech Lab gives it Banshees and the Fusion Core gives it Battlecruisers(the Fusion Core and Armory alone do not give the Thor and Battlecruiser.)

Sensor Tower: Can see enemy units from very far away.

Missile Turret: Fires 2 missiles instead of 1, but the damage is the same as before.

Fusion Core: Needed for the Battlecruiser and it's upgrades.

Planetary Fortress: This stationary upgrade let's the Command Center attack enemies that come inside your base. This is especially useful for if your enemy decides they are going to raid your workers.

Ghost academy: Required for Ghosts and upgrades.

Refinery: Same function as SC: BW.

Protoss Units:

Protoss Zealot: Yay, the most favorite melee unit ever returns, and with a new ability to quickly engage ranged enemies. Called "Charge".

Protoss Immortal: He replaces the Dragoon after the destruction of Aiur, and has a "Hardened Shield" that let's him take damage from heavy attacks and barely get a scratch, where as weak attacks go straight through the shield.

Protoss Dragoon: He isn't an official Protoss unit, but he is in the Map Editor, with (hopefully) a new design to go with him.

Protoss Stalker: Can use the Warden's blink from Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, and is good at chasing down enemies who are retreating.

Protoss Archon: He is generally the same as before, being fused from any 2 different Templar Units.

Dark Templar: Requires the Dark Shrine to be warped in from a Warpgate, he has 5 extra ground attack from Starcraft Brood War.

High Templar: Has new abilities, including Phase Shift, which takes a unit out of play for some time, though, the phased unit can't be targeted or attacked.

Probe: Woohoo, mr. beep has returned.

Disruptor: He was originally called the Nullifier. His abilities include but are not limited to: Force Field: It creates a globe that can be effectively used to block off chasing enemy units from a hill, or to block units out of a battle that are incoming, cutting off enemy forces.

Collossus: Terran Marine: "Hey..there's a shadow looming over us." Terran Marine: "Uh..I noticed that, dumbass, but..." He looks up, and is in horror after seeing what he saw. "Oh...fuck." The Collossus makes their heads asplode with his lazor. The Collosus can step over ledges, making it a good raid unit.

Observer: Same use as before.

Warp prism: Replaces the Shuttle and Arbiter for teleporting and transporting. And can act like a secondary pylon.

Phoenix: An air only unit, he has a Graviton Beam, which lifts units into the air and rends them immobile.

Void ray: A useful building and heavy unit destroyer, though, it is very lacking in the ability to fight weak units, which is what the Phoenix is for.

Carrier: The same uber classic from before.

Interceptor: The Carrier's attack unit.

Mothership: The ultimate unit ever, and, though it has a huge number of hit and shield points, that doesn't mean you should send it out in the open; your enemy will send everything they have to destroy it.

(Buildings for Protoss is next.)

Last edited by URP(Swindle on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/zapporuni
Mercury
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:21 pm

I updated this mofo, I know it's a bump, but it's just so people will look at it, lol.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:21 pm

Quote :
Missile Turret: Fires 2 missiles instead of 1, but the damage is the same as before.

You need to explain this. Does 2 missles do 20 damages both or 20 damage together? Also, do they fire on same target?
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 pm

And how come there's no medic? I saw medics in the campaign gameplay video!

Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:37 pm

nice, lots of information. i like the tranformer reference as well. and the bcs get defensive matrix now?? seems like the science vessle and bc have merged in a way.

oh and 0blivion reason for medics is they are thinking of all the old units they took out and making them heros. so you can still use like firebats,goons,etc. but its only what i have herd and it would make me happy since f bats and goons where kick ass.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:07 pm

goons were a bit retarded when it came to a ramp tho... I hope the immortals wont have this problem.
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:48 pm

ya but still. goons where a classic. with no firebats terran are screwed in a zerg rush. i hope they make basic units not in game heroes. that way are maps can be way larger. and we can have a super soilder in 3d graphics incinerating everything with duel flame throwers.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Yeah, that would be nice indeed... I'd like those special units to be able to be builded in factories. The map maker would decide to check that option or not.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Anyone think that Starcraft may become too similar to red alert?
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:58 pm

I never played red alert, so I couldn't tell...
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:15 pm

i have. it was a decent rts in the day. the true good command and conquer series games are renagade, red alert 2, and best being generals. all the rest including the new ones suck.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Blizzard say that the Terran campaign offers the ability to create firebats and medics not buildable in normal Melee.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:02 pm

KyKai wrote:
Blizzard say that the Terran campaign offers the ability to create firebats and medics not buildable in normal Melee.

Really? Show proof, I want to see.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:17 pm

I have to find the page, and I'm way too lazy to find it.
Back to top Go down
Rper_the_awsom
Asteroid
Asteroid
Rper_the_awsom

PostSubject: :O   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:58 am

Shocked omg this is gonna me the shit
when this comes out im gonna be so lonly on b.net confused Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:35 pm

No if what they say is true you wont be lonely, because to play battlenet on sc2 they are suggesting it to be pay to play. Plus, even it it wasn't you still see people playing diablo when diablo 2 is out. So why not the same for Starcraft?

And with the firebat and goon thing, they are saying that even though it wont be in the normal game that they will have them in the campaign creator for you to use in your maps.
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:31 pm

dragon they arnt just gona make starcraft 2 cost. they are trying to do bnet in perticular. in other words all blizzard games that have b net could cost to play online. but on the older blizzard games thank god we still have lan for those of us who can live without b net and play with friends, or to some try to find away around paying.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Okay, they are NOT making Battle.net for any game to where you need to pay, they said it on the BlizzCon review.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:29 am

Ok that's a relief.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Yes, a bump, but a useful one, and yes, the Medic, Firebat, Diamondback Tank, Cobra(cancelled and replaced by the Thor), Hercules dropship, Goliath, Wraith, Vulture, Elite marine(all Elite units in the Terran campaign are mercenaries.), Elite firebat, Elite marauder, transport truck, and Perdition turret will all show up in campaign and the Map editor, as for the Dragoon and Purifier(the cancelled Protoss unit that gets stronger as it kills enemy organic units), will also show up in the Map Editor, and possibly even in the Protoss Expansion.
Back to top Go down
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:33 am

Nice, very very nice. I'd assume that there's a pylon since that one thing can act as a secondary pylon.

Depots can fly now?... Weeee! That's such a useful feature, you can move all of those damn extra things out of the way when you need to now.

Upgrade for the CC so it can attack? Good idea, very, very good. Hat/Nexus should get an upgrade like that, too.

Some things remind me of Halo, but overall, seems awesome.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:28 am

Depot don't fly, it burrows.

Plus...will there be a zerg expansion?
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Not sure, but Wikk, the hatchery does have a base defense upgrade. The queen^^
Back to top Go down
The Masked Man
Mars
Mars
The Masked Man

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Wtf burrows?

Yes they will.

QUEEN! The queen is like a stationary now? o.O
Back to top Go down
Mercury
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:07 pm

No, the Queen isn't a stationary unit, but it is on the ground now, and is mostly for base defense, and she moves much faster on the Creep. Yeah, there will be a Zerg expansion, it'll be the second one. And, Bestdragon, it's not an upgrade, it's a unit. It's essential to have it at all times. The spawning pool is needed to get it, though, and no, that doesn't mean the Zerglings need a new building. No, when I meant lower and raise, I meant it could go into the ground and raise back up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2   List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List of Units and Buildings in StarCraft 2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next