SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dependance of matter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

Dependance of matter Empty
PostSubject: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:45 am

Yawn, good morning guys, I just woke up.

Pretty cloudy day outside, makes me feel kinda sad, haven't seen sun in a while.
Went down the stairs, took a shower and took my breakfast next to my parents...

Then I noticed how my parents are dependant to coffee. It's true, every morning, they drink their daily mug of coffee and think it's alright. I have the feelind it's wrong somehow to be dependant of a substance that we don't truly need.

My brother also take coffee, I also have a bunch of friends who smoke cigarettes, cigars and even pot. I have another friend who takes protein everytime he goes to the gym, a teacher that always put soap on her hands to be sure she won't get A H1N1... You probably have people like that around you, and maybe you're one of them.

Nature created us so we don't need those substances to help us. However, the only fact that we start to take them, destroy what nature did for us. Not only our mind becomes dependant to those substances, but our body also! My parents now need coffee to wake up, my teacher gets sick once she passes a day without using her soap.

It's almost sadening. And it has a name (like everything does today): Materialism! The dependance of matter. It totally impregnate our society, some people are more infected than others... I saw a pretty weird video made by a pretty weird guy and I like how it approches the Materialism.
I suggest you to start at 0:57.

A bit overdramatic maybe. But the problem is well explained: Materialism is a disease. It modifies our normal behaviors. Materialists are weak without matter. Do you think our far ancestors were like that? They learned to be ahppy without all those things we have today.

So, If you wanna help the whole planet (cuz this dependance requires lots of exploitation and money), stop buying so much unuseful thing, ask yourself: «do I really need that to survive?» And discover, that there are way better ways to have fun than playing video games, and you can actually be in a good shape without coffee, that air is much better without cigarette, etc.

Make a favor to yourself, break those chains.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Even in the medieval ages nobles would live in palaces, surrounded by riches and servants.

We don't have slaves anymore. You can't live in a personal medieval castle anymore. You can't have what others can't unless you work to have it.

I think materialists have worked hard for what they are dependant of.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:37 am

nah not really. you're actually comparing the today's mid class with the yesterday's nobles. you can't do that.

compare the noble of yesterday's with the riches of today
and the mid class of yesterday with the mid class of today

You'll understand that there's a big and I mean VERY big difference of dependance.
in the past, they didn't had all those electronic and even electric devices we have today, no GPS, no cellphone... and you think your far ancestors had coffee on their table every morning?
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:56 pm

Yes--there's a great difference, and yesterday's nobles were probably as rich as today's middle class. Even if we take a simple shepherd's family from the past they had heritages that they held on. They had slaves. They even had politics.

Now what's the point in politics? It's just bullshit. As some guy from the UK said, "When people are good, we don't need laws. When people are bad, they break them."
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Uh huh, but laws create fear, the fear of being punished for our acts. So it's better to have laws just to remember people what are the good things to do so they don't go like:

«Hey? Why am I paying my bills? There's no laws anyway!»

And we'd go back in the stone age in a matter of months.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Why do we need money?
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Because it's easier to have money than just trading items.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:29 am

So supposedly, I need this piece of paper so I can get objects others who don't have the piece of paper can't. Do we necesserally need to limit what we want and what we need (In this case, those who have more money can buy things they desire, however people who don't can't buy stuff they need)?
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:36 am

Well, I'd like it to be like that, but you know, there's always people to abuse... Some people would get too much stuff, think about it, if everyone wanna build a mansion for his family, we'd quickly lack of terrain to build stuff. And, we'd need to produce like, 3 times the quantity of objects of any kind than we do today to fulfill the demand.

(You know Kristy, you're the only girl I met in my life that is actually smart, If I one day find you, I'm going to make you my wife.)
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 7:09 pm

lol 0blivion you have a point thier. its very rare to find smart girls. most of them are dead whieght and have never lifted a finger in thier life.

ya if you think about it everyone has materialism. its just some have it far less then others. its like greed. its not if your greedy or not its how greedy you are. even if some people seem to not had a tad in them its still thier. just like envy. i take for granted the things i have though expecily because lots of stuff i had to work for. like my room in are new house{huray we are finaly leaving this rip off of a apartment}
some people like if they made a buisness from scratch and worked ground up deserve to have stuff because they worked very hard. but these people who have millions of dollors because of rich relatives kinda deserve it less because they havnt earned it themselves. if it is earned i could see people wanting to use it, if it is given then they kinda need to do stuff on thier own and work for it so they can truly apreciate it. peolple as the years go on are geting more and more dependent on stuff. thats why when world war 3 comes and the nukes drop if i survive i will be much beter off then most people 1 for being smart and another for being very independent of stuff if i choose to. and thats true about your teacher with the germophobia. your body needs practice to keep its imunity up. i mean i wash my hands to stop spread of disease but i dont use disenfectent stuff or take special care of myself. if i drop food i pick it up and eat it. those people may be like bunkers but once that bunker is cracked they are easy to take on. my imune system is a russian spetnaz soilder with a ak-74, dragonov sniper riffle, and a few grenades and a the abilility to call in a airstrike.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Lol.

Another thing about materialism.

Do you know what a duvet is? It's a cover, a blanket, a soft blanket. Do you need a duvet to survive, in the wilderness, as the hunter-survivor-spiritualist thing? Nah.

So what are we? consumers. (Yes I totally ripped that off from Fight Club. Lol.)
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:33 pm

I wanna see that movie >.< someone wanna show it to me?
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:40 pm

It's hard to get, really. I don't even remember where I got my copy. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dependance of matter   Dependance of matter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dependance of matter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SCRP :: General :: The Library :: Pages of a Thinker.-
Jump to: