SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moderation

Go down 
+5
cowsmacker
Nevermore
Quartz-The Earth Djinn
Destroyer9000
bestdragon3
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:01 pm

Ok, I have asked this sincerely of both of the admins and I got 2 completely different answers. KyKai told me that she thought it was a good idea, and 0blivion said no only because I apparently have emotional issues, and wouldn't explain further. Well now I want to know from you guys.

Here is how my Pm's roughly looked.

Hi, I noticed your a bit short handed on moderators and I'd like to fill that position. For one I have extensive experience with forums, building, running, and moderating. I have a very positive attidude and I treat everyone one equally. Plus I visit the forum every day and post at least once a day, making me pretty qualified to watch the well being of the forum. If you could get back to me on this I would be highly appreciative.

If you guys could tell me what you think I'd be happy to know^^
Back to top Go down
Destroyer9000
Asteroid
Asteroid
Destroyer9000

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:08 pm

You have my vote, ur an exceptional rper, extremely nice, and extra awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Quartz-The Earth Djinn
Mercury
Mercury

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:17 am

hell 0blivion dislikes alot of people, that AND he only gives moderation to people he likes or knows no one else >_> u've got my vote
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Comet
Comet
Nevermore

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:44 pm

I don't think our vote would really appeal to either of them. As Sam said; from what I've seen I think 0blivion only makes Administrators and Moderators out of people he knows.

But if I had to vote, I'd say yes. All of what Destroyer said is true, backed up by the facts you pointed out in your messages.
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:42 pm

i would say yes.

maybe 0blivion thinks you have mental issues because i have seen in 2 of your posts you sound real gay. like the "be who you wana be barby girl reference".

Lol :lol!: :lol!:
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:31 pm

Yeah but it was supposed to be just, "be who you want to be" but then it reminded me of Barbie, so I added that for comedic effect^^
Back to top Go down
Quartz-The Earth Djinn
Mercury
Mercury

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:44 pm

so wait cowsmacker are u saying bliv is racist? because all i know is i am bi and i am proud to be bi!
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Comet
Comet
Nevermore

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Sam, don't stray off topic. <_<
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Um... That's... nice to know? Lol naw I'm kidding, it's cool that your bi, but yeah, Nevermores right,
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:24 pm

ime not saying bliv is racist, i see how you could get the impression but noticed the lols that where supose to be apear at the botom of the post but it isnt working for some reason. the whole topic wasnt ment to be taken literly.

anyways i noticed that u post at least once a day. you should try to be very active as hell. i have school and stuff as well as coming home half dead on thursday and friday from rotc and doing homeowork and i still get at least 7 posts a day. even when at friends houses. you have to be not very active put prety active to be one. i could get like 4x more in but i have to shave and clean myself up because of rotc and my gamer life.

but other then that you would be good to go.

as for samus,

i dont care if your biosexual lol. i have gay friends to. i just dont hang out with fags. gay people act normal. fags hate girls and act like them and try to flirt with me and its just plane creepy. i also i think have 2 bi friends. 1 i know is bi and the other i am not 100% about. sometimes i sound like the most racist bastard ever but ime not. i joke around about race because to me it is such a small deal. racism is wrong the only reason people piss about it is because people take it to far like lynching and stuff. but if you hate someone for thier race just hate them and dont show it. even though i hate no 1 for what they are, or who they are. i only dislike people if thier actions are bad. thank god racism isnt as hardcore as back then though. now a days thier are a lot more steriotypes then racists. just lots of people dont know the difference. like 40% of my friends are black and they all share the same belief i do, thats why i hang out with them. i have 0% female friends accept online mainly because girls tend to stray away from geeks. lots of people when they 1st meet me get the impression MEGA NERD. then i come out and kick emmense ass and it just doesnt like i could do such things. i look like i cant do more then 5 pushups but i can pull out 50 if motivated enough to do so. even if someones physical strength doesnt make them all that. thats why i unlike 90% of the human population have brains and common sense. HURAY FOR ME. LOL

if my speech is boring you then good it is doing its job.

if you can read this...you dont need glasses.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Your speech wasn't boring^^ It was true. Except the one thing that is different between you and I is that I have like, 90% of my friends girls. But I think that is mostly due to the fact that I'm not a jerk and I actually listen to them. Otherwise it's because of my hair -.- And probably because I give good hugs^^
Back to top Go down
Quartz-The Earth Djinn
Mercury
Mercury

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:19 am

cowsmacker wrote:
ime not saying bliv is racist, i see how you could get the impression but noticed the lols that where supose to be apear at the botom of the post but it isnt working for some reason. the whole topic wasnt ment to be taken literly.

anyways i noticed that u post at least once a day. you should try to be very active as hell. i have school and stuff as well as coming home half dead on thursday and friday from rotc and doing homeowork and i still get at least 7 posts a day. even when at friends houses. you have to be not very active put prety active to be one. i could get like 4x more in but i have to shave and clean myself up because of rotc and my gamer life.

but other then that you would be good to go.

as for samus,

i dont care if your biosexual lol. i have gay friends to. i just dont hang out with fags. gay people act normal. fags hate girls and act like them and try to flirt with me and its just plane creepy. i also i think have 2 bi friends. 1 i know is bi and the other i am not 100% about. sometimes i sound like the most racist bastard ever but ime not. i joke around about race because to me it is such a small deal. racism is wrong the only reason people piss about it is because people take it to far like lynching and stuff. but if you hate someone for thier race just hate them and dont show it. even though i hate no 1 for what they are, or who they are. i only dislike people if thier actions are bad. thank god racism isnt as hardcore as back then though. now a days thier are a lot more steriotypes then racists. just lots of people dont know the difference. like 40% of my friends are black and they all share the same belief i do, thats why i hang out with them. i have 0% female friends accept online mainly because girls tend to stray away from geeks. lots of people when they 1st meet me get the impression MEGA NERD. then i come out and kick emmense ass and it just doesnt like i could do such things. i look like i cant do more then 5 pushups but i can pull out 50 if motivated enough to do so. even if someones physical strength doesnt make them all that. thats why i unlike 90% of the human population have brains and common sense. HURAY FOR ME. LOL

if my speech is boring you then good it is doing its job.

if you can read this...you dont need glasses.

I dont get on often because unlike u guys i live in New Mexico AND i have night school on tuesdays and thursdays from 5:45 to 9:30 pm and when im finished with that im exausted so i go straight to bed.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:34 pm

Bestdragon3, if I was an admin. I wouldn't make you a moderator either.

First let's take a look at your application.

Quote :
Hi, I noticed your a bit short handed on moderators and I'd like to fill that position. For one I have extensive experience with forums, building, running, and moderating. I have a very positive attidude and I treat everyone one equally. Plus I visit the forum every day and post at least once a day, making me pretty qualified to watch the well being of the forum. If you could get back to me on this I would be highly appreciative.

If you guys could tell me what you think I'd be happy to know^^

You claim you have extensive experience with forums, especially moderation. This is almost to be expected. Its very similar to put on your resume "I'm a hard working citizen and I do anything to please my boss", its just basically saying what they expect you to be. Obviously you can put this but it doesn't really help much, and they expect you to have this trait already.

You indeed do have a positive attitude, but everyone is like that. Again, this is stating the obvious like above. Everyone will become positive when they're at their usual good mood. The problem is that HOW WILL YOU ACT IF YOU'RE NOT IN A GOOD MOOD, that is a particular concern you failed to mention to admins.

You visit the forum everyday and post commonly, this so far is the only worthwhile read. While indeed this part does deserve you some reputation and worth, it is kind of a secondary requirement and this can be easily done by anyone if they actually bothered.

Moving on, after you been rejected; in real life, if you been rejected from a position of power, you would have moved on with your life and not involve the public. BUT INSTEAD you decided to ask what we cared about your rejection and try to get us to be involved. You are tainting the decisions of the admins and have a chance of creating unnecessary bias. For example, SAM is already your friend, you already would have asked him to say something nice about you. In addition, you could say...invite a few friends to our community and let other people vouch for you thus increasing your chances.

Now, you're also typing blue which is a hint of how badly you want to be a moderator. You create an aura around you which you demand power, but when refused the power, you still try to demand and strengthening your request. You might as well be placing a tag over your head saying "PLEASE LET ME BE MODERATOR".

I don't know about you, but your very heavily demand is creating suspicion around you, I wouldn't want to take any risks if I was admin.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:12 pm

Few things, for one, the positive attitude and experience thing you brought up. I can understand what you mean, but it's still good to put it, even if it is obvious. And naturally, if I was in a bad mood I would not bring it on here, that is obvious as well.

And as for making it public, I honestly just wanted input, because even if I was made a moderator, what's the point if nobody on the forum trusts and respects me. And if you actually looked around the forum, you'd notice that I'm not typing blue because I want to be a moderator. I'm typing blue because of it's calming nature, and the fact that blue is just an amazing color^^

And by the way, Sam isn't my friend>< He's an aquantence at most... I personally expected him to reject me only because I ignored him on battle.net because I was talking to a friend...

Other then that I can understand where your coming from^^ But just so you understand, I don't expect to become a moderator, not now, not ever. 0blivion made that clear enough to me and I respect his decision. Though I will be completely honest, I think he could have had a better reason.
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:16 pm

everyone can think of a beter reason. its just sometimes beter is unessicary.{i know i spelled it wrong, to lazy to fix, my arms feel like strings from rotc and the uniform we had to wear today}

and huray no 1 has said what the small text was so far!!!!
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:52 pm

Eh, I could read it. But it just didn't seem relevant at the moment lol. And by the way, I'm wearing my glasses.
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:40 pm

well congrats as long as your at normal distance of your comp screen you dont need glasses or if you wanted you could very soon not need them. lol
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Well I am missing an eye, does that help my score?
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:54 pm

You're missing an eye?!
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Yeah, lost my right eye to an infection. Now it's just an expertly painted glass eye. It's not that big of a deal^^
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:40 pm

that sucks man, that realy sucks, i didnt know u had a glass eye. well could be worst could have lost something else to infection. i could live with losing my eyes or legs and such. if i lost my arms you might as well shoot me thier because without my arms thier would be prety much no reason to live for me.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Same here, but it's only one eye, so my only problems are that I have a bigger blind spot, and I get bad depth perception, but I can live with that^^
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:55 pm

Seriously, you lost your eye?

Imagine how horrible would be if you lost your genitals...espeically for males.
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Ugh that would suck... Lol
Back to top Go down
cowsmacker
Mercury
Mercury
cowsmacker

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:06 pm

i could live without genitals, i am a geek so its not like they are gona get used much anyways. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moderation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderation   Moderation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moderation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next