SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit Empty
PostSubject: Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit   Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:35 pm

I just came into our channel today and I noticed there's an additional bot right there. This give me a brief thought after I.Spit.On.Joo mentioned the word "spam" to me. I instantly noticed the horrors of bot conflicts.

Once we move to Op Scrp. We will impose a bot limit(including the channel bot), this is to prevent people joining immediately to have an mass spam of messages and to also prevent spamming of idle messages by mutiple bots.

At any time, the channel may only have up to EIGHT bots, and one per person thus up to eight bots.

For idle Op ScRp channel message, the messages must be set at 30 minutes per message. Also, the characters must not surprass a certain amount of characters. There is a limit of six of these bots.

For community member private messaging bots, there is only a max of two out of the eight. The messages must also be also set at 60 minutes per message. The contents must only be event-related and should not pass a certain amount of characters.

For greet messages, there is a max of two out of the eight. The message must be directly related with the community and should not include any jokes of any sort.

For trivia bots, there is only max of one.

All bots must also state their owner!

For the channel operator bot(op Scrp itself), dragoon315[wxr] must be willing to surrender the password to the admins and if allowed by admins, moderator as well. The admins will change the password after to prevent random community members blackmailing/bribing dragoon to have power over the channel.
Back to top Go down
Quartz-The Earth Djinn
Mercury
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit   Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:36 pm

HEY! ENOUGH WITH TEH RULES! THOSE ARE MY! BOTS!
Back to top Go down
bestdragon3
Venus
Venus

PostSubject: Re: Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit   Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:39 pm

Eh, don't know how to control a bot so I don't care too much about this^^ But I still agree with the limit^^
Back to top Go down
Quartz-The Earth Djinn
Mercury
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit   Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:40 pm

and dude this bot is an rp bot!
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit   Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:46 pm

MP]Sam_Aran[ wrote:
HEY! ENOUGH WITH TEH RULES! THOSE ARE MY! BOTS!

Keep it at a mininum, imagine you being in channel

Clan Recruitment

at peak hours, that channel has a massive spam of bots that you just don't hang around. Think about others, should they take massive messages just so you can have more bots than you should? Soon enough, members would complain about you evenutally...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit   Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding our soon-to-be-channel Bot Limit
Page 1 of 1