SCRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The stupidity of "Hackers"

Go down 
+8
Rotad
bestdragon3
drevild[rp]
cowsmacker
Dragoon16
0blivion
Hinaoki
power_of_ghost
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

The stupidity of "Hackers" Empty
PostSubject: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Hackers in Battle.net are one of the most dangerous threats in all realms. They have an unfair power against others that allows them to receive unfair advantages. I have many times seen people "drop hack" others just for petty agruments or even flood others. While blizzard does nothing to stop them, I have taken action and Ban all hackers I have recongnized.

Spoofing is no different, you can cause trouble with spoofing by bypassing "ban" option of hosts.

Here is a list of all people that I have confirmed to be hackers.

ib-fayt
anubisking
kil4fun
liatin
Meb
FallenDemon
poek1587
PhantomSkyFire
DBZGT-Jose
rori[TFE]
aso_youknow
zergy6
gofudgeyourself
lawl_factorial
Tank_7
milkncookie.
hellreaver
serphintin
AOH[kyuubi]
shinjix
kame-sennin
wolf)u.b.c.s
goplemms
dem0n
KyKai

Last edited by power_of_ghost on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Add me to that list, pal, for I also am a proud user of Oblivion. ;P But you know I don't hosthack.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:21 pm

And as you wish it, so shall it be.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:57 pm

I used to hack, until my account got closed 9 months ago... Good thing is that I could retake it 3 months after. But I swear I won't hack anymore.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:13 pm

I never hacked...lol, but sometimes I only use obvilion FOR OFFLINE PURPOSES to measure my Terran APM. Then I deleted it right after.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:15 pm

gawd, it's not a crime POG, most of users on b.net have used oblivion at least once...and in RPs oblivion can be truly helpful.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:16 pm

I've grown so addicted to the nice Oblivion options that it seems strange not to have it anymore.

Many of the people listed here are also good friends of mine. FallenDemon and Serphintin are on my friends list, and they're really fun people. Kil4fun... Meh, old accuaintance (Or however you spell it) of mine. For the others I mostly agree they're annoying and abusive. There are others, which I can't quite remember the screen name.

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:33 pm

What I particular don't like about hacker is very difficult to describe. I'll make it clear as possible right now.

Human nature is one of the least trustable objects, humans can be very easily corrupted with power. The only certainly that a person will not abuse a power is if there is a death penatly or even greater involved. I'll spilt the hackers into 3 types, the "spoofers/building anywhere aid via RP", the "they don't think they abuse/hackers doing little damage" and the "obvious abusers".

Type 1: The SC RPing community is very based on creation, thus the require for hacks to enhance creation. However, if you played today's RPs, you have noticed an insane amount of trollers or people who you just can't get along with. Whenever I RP, there is only a roughly 25% chance of the game being succesful. Spoofer contribute to # of unsuccesful RPs problem greatly because it creates a dent in the RPing community.

The biggest problem is spoofs allow identity theft/hiding and ban evasion, this creates TWO VERY MAJOR PROBLEMS. If spoofers take the identity of others, or hide their own, it can be very difficult to ban them in the future if you know a particular person is a troll in RPs. Also, spoofing can be very annoying as they can spoof into a flaming name "The host is gay, and etc" In additional, people can pretend to be others to ruin the reputation of others. I know some of people that can not rp as much as they want because there are frequent complaints about them when they been identity thefted. Ban evasion is another problem, the "ban option" was designed to allow hosts to get rid of unwanted players, spoofers neutralizes this power and allow a specific troll to do more damage than Blizzard intented.

Spoofing ruins the community in the long end because some people just can't get along with each other, and creates a powerful and unneeded conflict.

Build Anywhere is USEFUL HOWEVER in RPS, this tool can be a very powerful asset in other competitive games where if you can build in a certain place lead to VERY POWERFUL ADVANTAGES. Now you think you won't use it, but are you really not going to when you're about to lose in whatever game you're going to play?...

Type 2: These people use hacks for personal enjoyment, and are very similar to type 1. However, these people think they are not going to use their power. Trust me, when you been pissed off a lot, are you going to just ignore them or use your power? Now, you're not a saint...so obvious use your power over others. Also, human nature's thrist for power is never ending, once you get some, you will want more and more. The "little" hack will not be enough for these people and evenutally they will need stronger hack to do damage.

Type 3: LOL...do I have to even explain? They drop hack, they host drop hack, they flood. They just do everything to annoy others. Mostly Type 1 become Type 2 then Type 3. People think they are going to stay at type 1 or 2, but honestly. If someone wronged you, are you really going to just forget about it? No, you're going to use your hacking power to take advantage of them.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:35 pm

I am sooooo not gonna read this.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:38 pm

WHY NOT....
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:38 pm

WAAAAYYYYY TOOOOOOO LOOOOOOONG
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:45 pm

Well, atleast I got that all out.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:46 pm

I read it. I agree with these things, and I think that Zynastor shouldn't have messed with the Spoof option and Ban Hack. It makes the player himself more powerful than the host himself. However, there's also a 5% chance that people do not abuse these in any ways. I only spoof in private games, or if I want to avoid the, "Add me i add u kk?"; it's very annoying. I use the Maphack because it's easier to stack with it, and the build anywhere makes the "town-creation process" more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:56 pm

KyKai wrote:
I read it. I agree with these things, and I think that Zynastor shouldn't have messed with the Spoof option and Ban Hack. It makes the player himself more powerful than the host himself. However, there's also a 5% chance that people do not abuse these in any ways. I only spoof in private games, or if I want to avoid the, "Add me i add u kk?"; it's very annoying. I use the Maphack because it's easier to stack with it, and the build anywhere makes the "town-creation process" more enjoyable.

Maphack is just stupid...you already see the entire map on RPs, also it makes various games unfair because they don't get the element of surprise.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:06 pm

You don't see the fog of war, that's true. But you don't see everything under a constant map revealer, either. It's hard to stack when you don't see what you're stacking in the first place, and I don't believe there's any reason for somebody to unvision other players. It's very annoying.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:08 pm

Just use scanner sweep.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Why? It lasts only a few seconds. Most towns take 30 minutes and more to build.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:12 pm

To reveal other players who unvision you.
Back to top Go down
Hinaoki
Mars
Mars
Hinaoki

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:18 pm

The unvision itself is more annoying than actually knowing what they're building.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:20 pm

Hopefully once this gets succesful we'll have better RP games.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 5:31 pm

so, I'd say that hacks are only a good thing in RPs...in every other games, they are just making trouble.
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:06 pm

Duh, but RPs in hacks do some trouble too.
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:46 pm

well POG, in that case, you gotta RP with people who won't screw the whole RP because they are noobs. Find good RPing friends and RP with them...
Back to top Go down
power_of_ghost
Mars
Mars
power_of_ghost

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Too bad they're never on.(I use to have plenty but they quit.)
Back to top Go down
0blivion
Mars
Mars
0blivion

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:59 pm

find substitutes... What else can I say?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The stupidity of "Hackers"   The stupidity of "Hackers" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The stupidity of "Hackers"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SCRP :: Junk Yard-
Jump to: